Apple shipping bumpers directly from China?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by poidog81, Jun 30, 2010.

1. poidog81 macrumors newbie

I just got shipment notification on my bumpers this morning from the apple store. When I fedex track them, they are coming directly from China. Anyone elses order do this?

Attached Files:

2. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Yep. And I'm not too happy either since I placed the order on the 24th with 2 day shipping (ordered the dock too). Delivery not expected until July 7th.

3. poidog81 thread starter macrumors newbie

i'd be calling and getting that 2-day shipping refunded.

4. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

5. Fisticuffs2065 macrumors member

Nope. I ordered my bumper on the 24th with overnight shipping. Mine was shipped from Ontario, California.

Edit: Added picture.

Attached Files:

6. poidog81 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mine were ordered on the 24th too. grrrrrr

7. mysticbluebmw macrumors regular

Ordered on the 15th, and shipped on Thursday the 24th from china. Rcv'd Monday the 28th.

8. malnar macrumors 6502a

malnar

Sort-of an off-topic-question, are Apple stores getting the bumpers at all right now? Is it futile to even try looking? I ordered one a few days ago but hoped to get one before a vacation on Saturday (and of course the current info is "ships for delivery July 7-(something I forget.)")

9. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

My brother told me that the Apple store in SoHo had a bunch of black bumpers in stock yesterday evening.

10. ooo macrumors 6502

Well, that's strange. For the last three days I've been going to the Soho store and they always tell me they are out of stock. I actually went twice yesterday, once in the morning and once midday. I asked if they would know when they would have more in stock and they told me they didn't know. Regardless, I ended up going to the 5th avenue store and they had plenty in stock. There were also plenty of Asian people purchasing 2-5 bumpers and then heading back to the end of the line to purchase more. There was an Apple employee watching the bumpers. I guess they were afraid of theft or one person buying them all. Their two per person rule didn't work that well.

11. herdinoh macrumors regular

Still dont see why it is worth 29.