Apple shipping dates - a bit of a mess...?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by RemarkabLee, Apr 1, 2009.

1. RemarkabLee macrumors 6502a

I'm a bit confused how to interpret when to expect a delivery from the information supplied to me by Apple.

[​IMG]

'in transit to final destination' to me means the consignment is coming from the local depot to my home address, I presume UPS as that is what Apple normally use. So given that, I should expect the consignment imminently - but 'current delivery status' says tomorrow (2nd) & the 'estimated delivery date' says 5 days later?

Coupled with the fact that there is no carrier tracking number makes this frustrating as I like to plan my day so I will be at home to receive the packages.

I understand Apple likes to be conservative with it's delivery dates as it's nice to get toys sooner rather than later. But with the above situation it seems frustrating not knowing if we're talking hours or many days before something arrives :(

2. shoppy macrumors 6502a

What have you ordered? As you do not have a UPS tracking number, the product is still in transit to be delivered tomorrow. Worst case scenario is the 7th.

I have just ordered a new 17" CTO UBMBP, as I am passing my other one to the wife. As you can see it estimates the 16-17 of April. It will most likely be before that.

Attached Files:

3. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

It should come in less than a week if it said less than 24hrs to ship.

4. mrj205 macrumors regular

From my understanding, In Transit simply means it has left the Apple shipping location and is literally in transit to you. I does not say In Final Transit. I would expect it at the latest on the expected delivery date. You can also call Apple customer service and check to see if there is a tracking number available. Shouldn't be too hard to sort out.