Apple Shipping Delivery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hydrocity, May 17, 2010.

1. Hydrocity macrumors 6502a

Hey guys,

I plan on purchasing a new MBP 15" in about a months time.

Along with the MBP, I am going to buy some accessories.

Now my question is, will my entire package be delivered at the same time? I will be buying everything at one time in one cart, so I hope it comes at one time.

Also on a sidenote, I plan on getting iWork and Final Cut, but I was wondering if I should choose the pre-installed version or buy it seperatly on the Apple Store.

With my new purchases, I plan on making an "Apple Shelf" that has the boxes of many Apple products (iPhone, iPods, MBP) and I kinda want the software boxes to add to the collection. Im guessing that if I choose to get it pre-installed, they wont deliver the box right?

Anyways, thanks for reading.

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I bought a new imac and a printer from the apple store two months ago. The printer was shipped asap since they probably have a billion of them somewhere. The imac shipped later since it was a "special order".

3. Hydrocity thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the response.

I have a feeling that the accessories will be shipped right away from a different warehouse where as the MBP will need to be assembled in China then shipped after 3-5 days from the order.

4. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

i think Apple ships the product depending on their availability. so you may get some of your stuff first, then receive the others later.

5. Hydrocity thread starter macrumors 6502a

So what if they are all in stock? I get it in one big package?

Also, if my products do get shipped individually, I would only need to pay one shipping fee right?

6. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Shipping is free. IF they are all in stock and IF they are all coming from the same place, you'll get them together. Probably.:)

7. Hydrocity thread starter macrumors 6502a

Standard shipping is free. I think they have a quicker option for like $10 or something. Would that be worth it?

8. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Thats up to you. Wasn't for me but some people like to get their stuff asap.

9. Hydrocity thread starter macrumors 6502a

So lets just say I did decide to go with the $10 faster shipping method.

And lets say it took a total of 3 delivers to get everything.

Will I pay just the 10 dollars, or 10 dollars for each delivery for a total of $30?

Sorry if I am asking to many questions, I am just really excited to get my MBP. I was planning on saving up for everything including an external monitor first then buy, but I kinda want to order the MBP soon, and get the other stuff later...

10. piwi macrumors regular

Why don't you ring Apple on that one? They would know. 1-800-MY-APPLE
    Realistically, I don't think they would charge you 3 express deliveries when you ordered everything together and they decided to make 3 different shipments. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

11. Hydrocity thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thats what I was thinking, but I was just wondering if anybody here had any experiences with this kind of situation.

I will contact apple support when I get closer to that day where I will order my MBP =D

12. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Actually, the standard shipping and 2-3days shipping are the same IMO. I got my magic mouse in 2 days and my mbp on the 3rd. :eek:

Shipping should be 1 price, regardless if it's shipped separately, they're still one order.