Apple Shipping for 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LePigeonBleu, Jun 10, 2009.

1. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

Hey!

So, I spoke with an Apple rep about when Apple would ship the iPhone 3GS so it would arrive on the 19th, and was told they should ship out the 15th.

Would this mean that it's possible that some people with next day air shipping could get it earlier than the 19th?

(I was upgraded free to next day air, so I'm a little curious)

mark

2. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

It's possible, but it's also entirely possible for Fedex/UPS to hold packages so that they arrive when a client (Apple) requests.

I did overnight just in case. :D They're rushing my AppleCare box to me as fast as possible at least. :rolleyes:

3. drchipinski macrumors 6502

drchipinski

I am pretty sure that ALL phones will be shipped with the same priority...I believe they are all shipping from Asia...:apple:

4. LePigeonBleu thread starter macrumors 6502

so there is no chance apple could slip up?

i just think it would be cool if they did and people got it early if they have next day air.

m

5. Nickday89 macrumors regular

my email says that i'll get my phone "by june 19th" and i dont know about anyone else, but whenever i've bought stuff online, and i had a delivery-by-date, i've ALWAYS gotten the product a day or two early. even if the date was the product release date. i'm not saying it'll happen with this, but there may be a chance

6. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

If you want to try and get lucky have it sent to an ATT store and find an employee who doesn't care. They will get them earlier than the 19th (15th-18th, depending on when UPS/Fedx logistics pushes them out)

7. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

this reminds me when the iPhone was first launched...lots of people pre-ordered.. only to be pissed because they had not gotten theirs and the stores had them on stock already, pre-ordering does not mean you will get it first. it only means you are guaranteed to get one if they sell out..I myself am waiting for a month or so after launch and then i will upgrade..

8. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

I pre-ordered mine, if it arrives on 19th I will be happy if it does not well I'll just will have to deal with my 3g updated with 3.0 for a extra day or two no big for me.

9. mrparet macrumors member

With Leopard, Apple even told FedEx to wait until approximately 6:00 pm to deliver their boxes. Mine came on that Friday (on time), but I got it in the morning.

As others have said, FedEx will cater to Apple, especially since Apple is a large client of FedEx's.