Apple shipping - or it that walking

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Nebulator, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Nebulator macrumors newbie

Why is apple shipping so poor?

I know its free but heck I am buying £3K worth of equipment, but why is it so slow, poorly communicated and generally crappy for the eager customer?

Can any one shed any light on this?

I have ordered a new 17"MBP, printer and nano (with free engraving!), I placed an order on 11 October - they reported 'ships in 24 hours' on all items and on the 16th (or 5 x 24 hours) they shipped it via a "UK DISTRIBUTION CENTER" (spelt wrong).

This "UK DISTRIBUTION CENTER" estimates they will ship the package from the "UK Fulfilment Center" in Ireland to the UK by the 27th October! :confused:

Do apple use donkeys? Can a expect a man with a cart? Does any one know if I can walk there a pick it up myself as it must be quicker?

Is this normal or did I mistakenly expect customer service - do MAC users normally take this level of service? :confused:

Annoying part of it was a present for which the date has sailed by. So I shall be rejecting the packages and demanding a refund from apple - but man I get stuff from Hong Kong faster when I buy it from ebay.

Ya dont see that on their adverts - maybe I should make a youtube video about being a laptop hunter - you know like apple did against Microsoft, it may be topical given the release of 7. <grin> I will have to do it on my PC too as my mac hasn't arrived. :D

:apple: shipping sucks!

Mackless in UK

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

For me I bought a CTO Mac Pro and it was ready and shipped in less than 10 days. I am not sure what your holdup is. Perhaps someone in the UK has a better answer but that does suck. However, you know you can pay for better shipping and just because you spent £3k that doesn't mean you're entitled to anything more than the next guy ... ;)

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I have similar complaints. I purchased expedited shipping just for insurance, two weeks later my computer had not arrived in the U.S.

The reason for me paying to upgrade the shipping was because I was leaving 15 days after the order was placed. The computer arrived the day after I left and had to be sent to me out of my own pocket.