Apple Shipping Q's, excited for my new MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Adamthebum, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Adamthebum macrumors newbie

Well I didnt really want this to be a "excited to get my new MBP" thread, but I guess its just a version of that.

I placed my order for a base model 15 inch today WITH the hi-res antiglare screen upgrade though. Nothing else except applecare. This is my first personal mac, currently im sharing a HP notebook with my wife, although my mother has an iMac that I used quite a bit. To say im excited is an understatement....

I googled around and tried going through the new MBP sticky but didnt get very far. I guess im curious where they ship from physically, what other peoples' experiences were etc etc.

Placed my order 8am PT today.
    Expedited Shipping (the 18$ one)
    Apple says will ship 1-3 days
    Apple gives me an estimated delivery date of jan 13-19
    I'm currently in Columbus, OH

Thanks for the help in advance! Finally...I can put those hours of app reviews and macOS stumbleupon sessions to good use :D

2. amoda macrumors 6502a

My previous experience has been positive in terms of shipping, and things usually get delivered on the earlier side of estimates. So you're more likely to get in 13-15 than 16-19, based on my experience at least.

3. Adamthebum thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I guess you kinda touched on what I didnt point out...the 14th is friday. So if I did get it on the very early end of the estimate it would really make my life easy, as I have school monday and wednesday, and have this upcoming weekend off from work. I would love to have a weekend to get it set up and pimped out, and maybe break it in with some homework haha.

4. RedRallyeZ macrumors regular

I live in the upstate of SC and mine shipped from Nashville, TN. so i guess thats where yours will come from as well.

i too got the $18 shipping and placed my order friday afternoon, shipping was quck, was supposed to come in today, but we had a huge snowstorm come through and still have roads frozen everywhere. i doubt ill get mine today. but it still would have been the quickest one of the estimates initially given

5. Blu101 macrumors 6502a

Blu101

Congratulations on your new Mac :D

Ordered mine on a Thursday night, with HR glossy display, no other options, shipped from China next day, received at home following Wednesday (less than a week by a day!). I live in MA.

Cheers

6. idea_hamster macrumors 65816

idea_hamster

OK, you got me...

Congrats on your new Mac!

By the bye, when I read your thread title, I assumed that you were reporting a rumor/link/scuttlebut that Apple was going to use Core iX processors that include a "Q" in the designation (e.g., 2620QM), meaning that there would be a quad-core option in the MacBook Pro line, and that you were excited because you were looking to upgrade when(ever) they come out!

Of course, your thread is just fine as is. Congrats again -- I'm sure your homework will be much more enjoyable now. I know mine always was!

:)

7. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Dec 30th - Order placed.

Said it may be here by the next friday, ended up showing on the following Tuesday (Jan 4th) along with an email that morning stating it would arrive that evening. So only took two days to ship.

8. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

If they still use the same Expedited shipping they have about a year ago and are shipping from the CONUS, you would normally have the computer 2-3 days after Apple sends it off. If Apple sent it out the same day or next day from say their CA location, you should have it January 14th or 15th. Now, with a pending snowstorm, those dates could obviously be delayed depending on the severity and where it hits. Apple gives the longer time estimate as there is nothing worse than expecting a product you need to arrive and having it show up late. There are too many variables to give super close estimates and arriving sooner than estimated time is great and no one will complain about that, where many people would complain about being late.

9. Adamthebum thread starter macrumors newbie

Now my order is being called a custom build. Does apple have base model 15" MBPs with the antiglare screen laying around? Or is my order actually being custom built?

10. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

I think that the laptops ship from China. Apple tends to be accurate with their shipping estimates, with the item usually arriving on the earlier side of estimates.

Most have experienced the "I would like it on Friday before the weekend..." etc etc. It will come when it comes, and you are going to really love it!

11. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Your order is built. Sure... you aren't the first one that has gotten this configuration, but anytime you select any of the non-solely base configuration options, you order becomes CTO/BTO. This translates into a lot more time waiting around.

12. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

My experience with Apple shipping was very positive. I recommend getting a short-term hobby to take your mind off it. Impossible I know, but it will arrive sooner rather than later!

Congrats and welcome. Now the trick is to keep the wife from abandoning her HP and commandeering your new baby! If you let her play with it too much, this WILL happen. :)

13. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

When I ordered my wife's iPad ,2 weeks before Christmas , it took less than 3 days to get to the east coast from China. That was with the regular shipping option. I am truly amazed by how fast it got here.

14. Adamthebum thread starter macrumors newbie

bummer... I guess ill just start drinking at noon for the next few days of vacation:rolleyes:

it finally shipped yesterday from China, with an estimated delivery date 1030am jan 18th! hopefully i'll get it earlier, but looks like i wont have an empty weekend with my new baby.

15. Blu101 macrumors 6502a

Blu101

Sounsa about right, ships ~24 hours later and arrives in just under a week after that.

Waiting is a killer and actually slows down time ;) hang in there :D

ps: if you need something to do to in the meantime, you can always browse around for accessories, i.e. sleeve, some sort of a bag, adapters, external HDD for backups, remote control, headphones, etc.

16. s1lv3r macrumors member

s1lv3r

Congrats for your Mac Adamthebum!

I can imagine how you are felling. Soon you will be with our beloved MBP haha

Good luck with that buddy!

17. SerrQ macrumors member

SerrQ

Believe it or not.. I ordered mine before christmas from London because I live in europe and it got delayed because of the bad weather, then it got lost.. So I had to re-order, been waiting a week now and It should arrive tomorrow..

My luck is awesome! And the service is just "fantastic" !!

18. Adamthebum thread starter macrumors newbie

int'l shipping release in anchorage.

i feel like i should not have been given a tracking number haha. im going to crash fedex's website.