Apple shipping question (ATT)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lulla01, Sep 10, 2014.

1. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

If i preorder an iPhone 6 can i ship into any address i want (AT&T) or does it have to be the billing address?

2. greeeeen macrumors newbie

I'm wondering the same thing. With the 5 it had to be the billing address on the account, which I was able to change through my AT&T account prior to ordering. I don't know what's changed since the 5 launch though.

I am also hoping that I can have the name of the shipping recipient be somebody other than myself. I will be out of the country on launch date so I want somebody else to be able to receive the package. Does anybody know if or how this is possible? I plan to order through apple and have at&t.

3. dndandrea macrumors 6502

Preorder it for AT&T through Apple's site Friday at 12:00AM. Log into your apple store account now and set up your shipping address so you'll be ready.

4. Apollonian macrumors 6502a

Apollonian

I think they were asking about the fact that in the past your shipping address was automatically populated on the apple site with your carriers billing address. In the past you were not able to change the shipping address while placing the order but could change it immediately after in your order summary by choosing edit. I had to do it 2 years ago but I cannot speak to how it worked last year. Maybe someone else can chime in...

5. lulla01 thread starter macrumors 68020

lulla01

This is exactly what I'm talking about, I need to ship my phone to myself and I don't live at the billing address

6. madsci954 macrumors 68030

If it's an upgrade from AT&T, it will be delivered to the account holders address. You can however, call Apple after it is ordered and request to change the address. It has to be Apple, if they tell you to speak to the shipper, demand to speak to a higher up. Only Apple can change it, I got a runaround last year between Apple and UPS. Got a free case with it so kudos to Apple CS. I ordered from Apple, not AT&T.

7. lulla01 thread starter macrumors 68020

lulla01

I don't understand why they do this... There are tons of people who don't live at the same billing address for your plan. I hope this doesn't cause problems when I preorder

8. lulla01 thread starter macrumors 68020

lulla01

I'm shocked nobody has some light to shed on this

9. stiloverx macrumors regular

From last year experience, the Apple site did not allowed me to ship to a different address, i needed to be the same one as the billing address from your ATT account. What i ended up doing was, pre-order the phone and select the shipping address to match the billing address from ATT. Then in the morning, i called Apple and asked them to ship my phone to a different address. Order the phone on pre-order day and got the phone 1 month after, amazing!

10. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

when the pre-orders were available for the iPhone 5, I updated my shipping address to my work on my apple ID account. By default I was not able to edit my shipping address when ordering through apple.com. It was sent to my home which was my address on my att account and credit card. I was however, along with many others to edit my shipping address once I got my order confirmation email from apple.

i'm not sure what address they used but I would think it was the att address.

11. bueller1 macrumors 6502

I asked an Apple rep yesterday and she said you can change the address you want it shipped to when you pre order. I remembered a couple years ago for the 5 you weren't able to do this.

12. dave420 macrumors 65816

Then simply update the billing address to be the address you live at. I guess that can be tricky if you are on a family plan and everyone lives in different places.

Two years ago Apple refused to update the billing address for my iPhone 5 order. They said if I had paid with a credit card it would be allowed, but since I paid with Bill Me Later I could not change the shipping address. So there are a lot of variables in place.

13. bueller1 macrumors 6502

Just spoke with them again, they said the carrier auto populates the billing address tied with your carrier and it is required that you choose that address for shipping. She actually said you won't have an option to change the address while preordering. But what you could do is call apple the next day and request a change. As long as you were an existing customer with the carrier they will be happy to do it

14. lulla01 thread starter macrumors 68020

lulla01

So, according to comments I should be able to modify after ordering IF they haven't made it so i can just change by default.

----------

Just tried to order a 5S to test this.

I got this message

"According to the policy of your wireless service provider, the iPhone in this order can only be shipped to your current wireless billing address. Other items can be shipped to different addresses by selecting "Ship items to multiple addresses"."

15. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

If you preorder from AT&T, can you have it shipped to a store for pickup?

I'm upgrading via Next and was told I had to do so through the carrier....I'd rather not wait in line at the AT&T store, so pre-ordering is my only option.

I'd rather pick it up from a store versus have it shipped to my house.

16. MacKid1983 macrumors 6502

MacKid1983

If I have it shipped to my work do I personally need to sign for it or can the security / mail room person sign for it. I am a driver and will be out of the building. Huge Company. We get UPS / FEDEX daily. I can always ask the UPS / FEDEX guys about signatures.