Apple Shipping Question - Canada

Discussion in 'iPad' started by vomer, Oct 25, 2012.

1. vomer macrumors member

Hi Guys,

I am planning to get the iPad mini via pre order online but have a question about timing..

Apple states on the site that orders ship Nov 2 - so my question is that with the basic free shipping - what are the chances of the item arriving by Nov 9?

Reason I ask is that I will be on vacation after nov 9...

in Canada BTW.

Thanks!

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

If you are going to pre-order, you will most likely have one in your hands by next Friday. Depending on where the cut off is.

3. vomer thread starter macrumors member

So I guess I really need to get my order in at 3AM :confused:

4. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Right now we don't know when the pre-orders will start. It will likely be 12 AM PST/3AM EST. But we will have to wait and find out.

5. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

When I preordered my iPad 3, I placed the pre-order as soon as they opened it up, and I received my iPad by courier at around 5pm on release day (the Friday, whatever it was).

I remember because I was going on vacation that very day... I waited until it arrived before I drove off, and I unboxed it and set it up using the free wifi at the first McDonald's I could find :D

6. vomer thread starter macrumors member

Wow nice! that would be ideal if it happens for me - will give me some time to play/setup before my trip!

Do they use UPS?

I hope it is 3AM

7. dtbratt macrumors 6502

dtbratt

FedEX or UPS. Forget what they used for the iPhone 5.

Im in the same boat though. Placing a iPad mini order tonight and hoping to have it on Nov 2nd.

8. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

It was Fedex, as I recall.

The funny thing was that there was not an overwhelming line up at any of the local stores to buy the iPad (it wasn't a frenzy like the iPhone releases were). Future Shop, Best Buy, etc. were bracing for this huge onrush of customers that never really showed up! So I walked into the local Future Shop around 2pm that day and I could have bought an iPad and walked out (and got an early start to my road trip) -- but I couldn't because I was waiting for Fedex to deliver my preorder! So I had to wait all day...

Oh well, you hedge your bets, sometimes you lose :)

9. vomer thread starter macrumors member

Well, it looks like FS or BB do not have anything up on the mini on their sites.

I was debating going to the apple store on Nov 2 to pick one up but stock is my worry there..

10. fruitpunch.ben macrumors 6502a

fruitpunch.ben

Yeah same for me. I missed out on the pre-order for the iPad 3 (I was sleeping, and it sold out before I woke up). But to my surprise, when I rang my local best buy after school finished (2pm) they still had stock of all models. So I walked in there, walked out with the one I wanted (64GB LTE).
    I suspect, considering how long the preorders of the iPad mini took to sell out, you will be able to do the same for it. You could always just cancel your online order/ send it back if you end up buying one from a local store. It won't cost you anything, Apple will provide free postage to return it