Apple Shipping Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by barry.wiestling, Sep 14, 2014.

1. barry.wiestling macrumors member

So like many of you I order from Apple.com for an AT&T iPhone 6. As you know they automatically put your billing address (which is my house) and they do not let you edit this.

I tried to call one day and was on hold for an hour so I gave up. Now my phone is Preparing for Shipment. I am hesitant to call and ask to change the shipping address now because I don't want to mess my order up.

Does Apple allow you to pre-sign for the iPhone 6 on delivery? I want to get it Friday but I will not be home. Can you sign that paper from their website so the driver will leave it at my house?

2. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

According to their website, you can pre-sign. But man, there is no way in hell I'm leaving that notice on my door and leaving a new iPhone, on launch day, sitting in front of my house/apartment all day. Thieves are pretty savvy nowadays, they know when Apple is shipping new iPhones, they know what the boxes look like, and will be looking for opportunities like this.

Note that the Apple website also says that whether the driver leaves the item is up to their discretion, so it is not guaranteed. You can also specify it be left with a neighbor or building manager.

3. barry.wiestling thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your help I appreciate it.

I am a little worried about having them leave it but I'm not sure what my other options are. Decisions, decisions. I live in a nice neighborhood as well so that helps.

4. Diamond Mullet macrumors newbie

Diamond Mullet

5. -Knight- macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

If it ships through ups and you use MY UPS you can probably have it forwarded to where you want but it might delay it a day or two while it re-routes.