Apple Shipping

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by .mark., Jun 9, 2007.

1. .mark. macrumors 6502

Hi, I ordered a new MBP on tuesday from apple and the order status says it was shipped yesterday (8/6/07), but the estimated delivery date is 19/6/07. anyone got any ideas why it would take 11 days to ship?

I'm in the UK - does this mean the MBP is shipping from the US? what are other peoeple's experiences with apple shipping in the UK? Have people found in the past that the estimates are very generous and their orders usually arrive before the estimated date?

2. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

My deliveries normally arrive on time, if not early. I've never had one late.

Shipping does take a little while. Sometimes machines go on quite a world tour before they reach the UK - I assume to keep costs down.

My MBP hasn't even shipped yet, and the estimated dates have gone blank o_O Gotta love Apple's shipping+order tracking :D

3. banjomamo macrumors regular

apple may be overcompensating for customs too.

4. hawaiian macrumors member

hawaiian

I was under the impression that a large amount of the computers shipped come from the place where they were manufactured. So a lot of the computers might actually be shipping from China or something...

5. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Your Mac will be shipping from China possibly via Holland.

If you ordered it from the online Apple Store you can track your order via the Apple website.

6. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

7. chrisnfi macrumors newbie

pfft

Ha, 11 days, meh. I'm waiting a solid month for my imca to make it to australia. :(

8. chrisnfi macrumors newbie

iMac TOO WET to deliver

I've just been told that my imac has made it to Sydney but I will still have to wait... because TNT said the carton has been damaged due to incorrect loading and packing, and has water damage to the extent that it is TOO WET to deliever, so they are going to let it dry for a few days first. That's right, my new imac is too wet to deliever. Add that to it taking a month to get here. I wish I never used the apple store. In fact, I hope the imac sucks enough so I can leave apple and not have to put up with thier crap ever again.

9. JP71093 macrumors newbie

JP71093

Damn. I feel bad for you.