Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reaver

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I bought a 24 inch imac over the weekend and its shipped but I just checked it and its still saying its in reno, nv, and its suppose to be deleivered today.

has anyone had that problem recently I am thinking its going to be delivered today and its still going to say reno, nv

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Have your carrier contacted to you? If they haven't, your delivery won't be today...

All Apple's times are estimated so don't believe 'em 100%

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
no sorry I ordered the 3.06 GT130 system

Then we don't care. Post in the "I ordered an iMac" thread. We don't need a new thread every time someones iMac ships...

Unless it has the 4850 card.

Reaver

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Then we don't care. Post in the "I ordered an iMac" thread. We don't need a new thread every time someones iMac ships...

Unless it has the 4850 card.

well my thread wasnt about hey look I order a GT130 .. its more a question about the shipping times and if they was spot on about there estimates .. sorry to ruin your day with another iMac thread that didnt deal with the stupid ATi cards.

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
Darn it. I got excited too when I saw the title of this thread. I'm anxiously waiting to see the benchmarks on the new 4850 before I place my order.

OP, please understand that there are a lot of people on edge for the 4850 and your title is somewhat misleading. Also, if you want to know more about the location of your iMac, you may want to check with the shipping carrier. No one on here can help you with the location of your Mac. With that being said, congratulations on the purchase -- you are going to love it! I can also sympathize with the wait that's associated with buying a new computer. I do the same thing! :D

Bryan

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Darn it. I got excited too when I saw the title of this thread. I'm anxiously waiting to see the benchmarks on the new 4850 before I place my order.

OP, please understand that there are a lot of people on edge for the 4850 and your title is somewhat misleading. Also, if you want to know more about the location of your iMac, you may want to check with the shipping carrier. No one on here can help you with the location of your Mac. With that being said, congratulations on the purchase -- you are going to love it! I can also sympathize with the wait that's associated with buying a new computer. I do the same thing! :D

Bryan

Yea, I find this very misleading too.

OP, you have to understand that there's "I ordered an iMac" thread because we try to avoid dozens of these kinda threads. And we don't know when your iMac will be delivered. You can call to the carrier and ask, we can't.

Reaver

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I appologize I should have been more descriptive in my thread title.

but I thought that since my post wasnt about either the GT130 shipping or the iMac with the 4850 shipping, but much more about if the estimated dates were that a estimated date or if they was pretty good about hitting the mark on the shippment times.

gasport

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2007

but I thought that since my post wasnt about either the GT130 shipping or the iMac with the 4850 shipping, but much more about if the estimated dates were that a estimated date or if they was pretty good about hitting the mark on the shippment times.

Still misleading as you probably should have said Apple Shipment Problem or something like that.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland

And I need to add that when product leaves Apple's warehouse, it's carriers responsibility to inform customer. Look at carriers web site, there you can find where is it right now and when it'll be delivered

gasport

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2007
And I need to add that when product leaves Apple's warehouse, it's carriers responsibility to inform customer. Look at carriers web site, there you can find where is it right now and when it'll be delivered

Correct.

My prior iMac and several iPods all shipped from China via FedEx. I was able to track the items the whole way from China to Alaska and finally to the east coast of the US. Obviously that is the US but I am sure all carriers follow this model.

Tumbleweed666

macrumors 68000
Mar 20, 2009
Near London, UK.
I bought a 24 inch imac over the weekend and its shipped but I just checked it and its still saying its in reno, nv, and its suppose to be deleivered today.

has anyone had that problem recently I am thinking its going to be delivered today and its still going to say reno, nv

Mine just says 'in transit' which doesn't exactly help :)

wfoster

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2009
Plymouth, UK
I ordered my base model '09 Mac Mini yesterday before 3:00pm and it arrived this afternoon.

Not sure if my information is any use to you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.