Apple ships item separately ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by fredsarran, Mar 31, 2011.

1. fredsarran macrumors 6502

fredsarran

Hi,

Please can someone clarify or help me to understand my situation :

On the 30 March, I placed a online order with Apple UK for Apple Care Plan and iMac (both to be shipped within 24h). Today, 31 March, I received a package from TNT UK, and that is only the Apple Care Plan.

Where is the iMac ?

I phoned TNT UK and they told me that they never picked up a iMac. I phoned Apple, and when explaining my situation, the guy suddenly said "And you did not receive your iMac ?" (sounded not surprised).

Apple is contacting TNT and TNT is contacting Apple, since, no answer from both sides.

Could it be that the iMac (stock model) is not shipping from UK so TNT UK cannot trace it ?

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

My Applecare agreements are regularly shipped separately from my Macs, and usually in advance..
    Don't worry. your Mac is coming.

3. fredsarran thread starter macrumors 6502

fredsarran

But my order status page at Apple UK site, says that all items been delivered ! Obviously not true, only Apple Care.

UPDATE : Ok, so when I go on TNT Express UK site, I enter consignment number, and the following appears :

Item 001
    Customer Item Reference
    Item Type
    Last Scanned 11:10, 31 Mar 2011 at Aberdeen (039)
    Delivery Scanned 11:10, 31 Mar 2011
    Hub Scanned
    back to summary

Item 002
    Customer Item Reference
    Item Type
    Last Scanned 22:31, 30 Mar 2011 at EWW NORTHAMPTON HUB (NXH)
    Delivery Scanned
    Hub Scanned 22:31, 30 Mar 2011

How long shall it take for Item 02 from NORTHAMPTON HUB to arrive in Aberdeen, Scotland ?

4. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

I don't know how the Order Status page on Apple's site works in other countries, but in the US if the item ships separately, there's a separate tracking number with each item, otherwise it will say "preparing for shipping or "not yet shipped".

I would think calling Apple would probably provide more answers than calling the shipping company.

5. fredsarran thread starter macrumors 6502

fredsarran

I called Apple and TNT to let them know, now they are calling each other :)

I clearly have one tracking number for both items, yet when tracking this number on TNT UK site, I get 2 items, one being delivered.

I guess I should get my iMac tomorrow, but I will still keep on Apple and TNT back till then. The whole thing is weird, I bought many computers from Apple Online Store and never had such issues.