Apple should exclude some OEMs

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Pikachu4170, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Pikachu4170 macrumors member

As with every new iOS device I helped set up, it really bugs me that the "Podcasts" and "iTunes U" apps (Which are pretty much unnecessary) are pre-installed/OEM.

I would suggest only making those 2 apps as download-only.

Anyone agree?

2. jlsm511 macrumors 6502

jlsm511

They aren't auto installed. It prompts you to download them when you first launch the App Store, but they don't come preinstalled, at least not on any of my iPhones.

3. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

I have never had either of those apps pre-installed on any iOS device. I have downloaded the Podcasts app... It gets too many app updates to be burned into a ROM...

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

They aren't normally installed by a stock install. However even if they were, many people have "issues" with some other stock apps that are installed by default, so it's not really something special about just those two.

5. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

While I get your point, The Podcasts app is no different than the iMovie, pages or GarageBand app. These are Apple apps that come from the App Store.

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Pretty much. And similar to iMovie or GarageBand the Podcasts app comes from the App Store and isn't installed by default.

8. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

Correct, and the user may be prompted to download from the App Store just like GarageBand, iMovie, Pages, Keynote, etc., with an iPhone 5C-5S.