Apple should give $30 credit towards reception issues on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mugambo, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mugambo macrumors 6502

Mugambo

The most recommended bumper which is being pushed so hard at Apple Stores should be provided by Apple to cover up the reception issue on iPhone 4. Or a $30 credit for users to buy the bumper themselves.

2. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

I say if its a hardware issue than $100 credit
    If its a software issue than a $30 credit

3. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

I dont have any signal issues, and i've covered up all the antennas and dont experience it, suck for those who do....

BUT dont go expecting handouts, it just stinks of so low class. Dont feel entitled OP, 'cuz youre not!

4. juicexct macrumors member

it's a software issue...they fill fix it for free with a patch

5. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Pretty sure that when you spend a couple hundred dollars on a communication device that it should work as advertised. It appears this isn't just an isolated issue as many others have reported this.

People with these issues are entitled to a "handout."

6. fuzion macrumors 6502

Not so much.

Doesn't work? Return it.

You don't HAVE to use the phone.

7. Mugambo thread starter macrumors 6502

Mugambo

Someone who has an iPhone won't care about $30 over a bumper. This is not about money or any "handout". Morally, Apple is obligated to solicit this concern! Besides it is the PRIMARY function of a phone being compromised here.

8. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I actually agree. I love my bumper, I had no problem paying 29.99 but considering it's the only way to guarantee good signal it should be included in the damn box until a real fix is issued.

Just my opinion, you Apple apologists need to calm down.

9. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

You're correct, you are promised a working product, if it doesnt work I am sure Apple would gladly hand you a new one once they get stock in....but to be exepcting to be handed money for a problem, is so white trash it's not even funny....for real, it's low rent to expect money for an issue, when they could just give you a working product via replacement or update ina few days from now...you little kids need to learn stuff, and if you're not a kid and an adult expecting handouts, then really it's just pathetic

10. JustinP81 macrumors 6502

This is no better than saying I love my iPhone so much I went over my allotted minutes and was charged extra for talking on the phone! I think you should give me money instead of charging me.

Is it an issue? Yes.

Will it get fixed? Yes. (in time, probably not this week.)

Should you get a damn handout? No.

11. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68030

ugahairydawgs

They are entitled to having the issue corrected. Whether it is a software patch or a new device remains to be seen.

12. JustinP81 macrumors 6502

And, by the way, the phone is STILL USABLE.

Just don't hold it in a way that blocks the bottom left corner.

13. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

How come with no bumber then, and covering up every antenna last night for 20 min on my phone didnt decrease bars once? its not a wide spread issue, some folks have it, some dont, they'll update it....you just sound like a little whiny kid, its sad bro, really, if the phone doesnt work, why arent you returning it right now? If I had a product that didnt work, I'd return it, not post on a forum how I'd like a handout....

14. Mugambo thread starter macrumors 6502

Mugambo

Buy a car with driver seat issue. The car still runs if you drive sitting in Pillion's seat!

15. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Mod Note:

+1 is not a post. Please report any posts that soley say +1 or anything to that effect.

Personal insults are not tolerated and will be treated seriously.

Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.