Apple should go back to frequent resprings

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by martinocando, Jun 22, 2014.

1. martinocando, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014

martinocando macrumors regular

martinocando

On B1, if the phone started behaving, it will simply respring and restart fresh. Now it simply locks, notifications stop working, battery percentage disappears, etc. but it keeps going. And then we have to manually restart the devices. But if we forget to do so, we'll simply be loosing calls, emails and messages.

I think they should consider lowering the respring threshold (if that makes any sense).

2. simsaladimbamba

And telling us that will not let Apple know that. Tell that to Apple via those Developer Feedback Systems they probably have, or via the general consumer feedback system if you are not a developer.
    Apple does not really have the manpower to peruse MacRumors Forums, even if it would belong to them. And if it would belong to them, talk like this would be censored.

3. mohdamerul macrumors member

aaannnnddd then lots of thread about lots of respring appearing

4. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

Wether go back to frequent restoring or lock up, it is certainly annoying to anyone. I would suggest not beta testing iOS 8. Stay with iOS 7. Beside almost all features are new to iOS 8 aren't really live yet. No third party keyboard just yet, hand off still works and not work, extension are not existence yet etc. I see no value of beta testing iOS 8.

5. martinocando thread starter macrumors regular

martinocando

Don't get me wrong. I love beta testing iOS. But I prefer a phone that restarts itself from time to time, but stays responsive, than one that locks and stops working.

6. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

Is every thread in this forum going to be met with the same replies. "Dur it's beta software go back to 7 dur " I thought this forum was for talking about iOS 8? Which includes talking about bugs.

7. hlfway2anywhere macrumors 65816

I've started reporting those replies as they are severely hindering conversation.

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

A conversation that shouldn't even be held outside of Apple's private developer forums due to the NDA.

9. hlfway2anywhere macrumors 65816

Well, fortunately for us MacRumors has set up a forum to facilitate it. So if anyone has a problem with that, perhaps he/she should take it up with a moderator, otherwise move along.

10. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You've got a sub-forum for it. Nothing more. I'll stay put as long as I want.

11. hlfway2anywhere macrumors 65816

12. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Going along that line of thought, posts 6 and 7 were two of the first off topic posts within this thread that started the derailment. As for an on topic post, the resprings likely aren't a feature, but rather Springboard crashing because of a panic of some kind.

13. martinocando thread starter macrumors regular

martinocando

I don't think they are either, but it definitively keeps the phone working more stable. Is a bit annoying, but no more than tapping the home and power button like a dozen times, and nothing on the screen. Or finally unlocking the phone, and finding 20+ messages and emails waiting there, and no notification on the lockscreen.

So, all and all, I think I still have a slight of a valid point here. Don't I?

14. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The freezing could be a stuck process or a hardware problem. Are you running a fresh installation of iOS 8b2 that is not from a backup or update?

15. luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

it is actually a fact that people that work at Apple do visit MacRumors.com

MacRumors tracks and publishes the web traffic from iOS versions that are not public yet and are from the Cupertino area.

16. simsaladimbamba

Yes, and they read every teeny, tiny thread. Feedback is better left with them than here.

17. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

I could be wrong, but I believe testing actually involves quite a few resprings so if you are testing your apps then you should have no problem