Apple should make "Movies" section in Front Row look like "Theatrical Trailers"

Discussion in 'macOS' started by johnbro23, Apr 14, 2007.

1. johnbro23 macrumors 6502a

I started a thread a few months ago asking if it was possible to make "Movies" have the look of "Theatrical Trailers" in front row with the big cover art in rows of 4. I didn't get any responses, which leads me to believe that Apple doesn't currently support that. Do you all think that would be a good idea?

I am in the process of converting all my DVD's using MediaFork (formerly HandBrake) and I am up to 91 movies and about 15 seasons of various TV shows that are housed on my external drive. It would be great if Front Row would feature more visual navigation.

2. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

Sure if you had super-nice looking cover art. But that could be hard to come by as it's not as established as music album art is.

3. johnbro23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, its not that hard - I just Google image search and chose a decent pixel-sized version of the movie cover or poster. Here's a screenshot of iTunes Movies.

Attached Files:

4. kolf macrumors newbie

I've been wishing for this change as well, photos, videos, all throughout It would serve better to display things this way in FrontRow. I hate to say it but MS does a better job on this right now.

5. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

I agree. I'm new to macs and I'm not too impressed with the versatility. It looks great with the movie trailers but the movies I ripped or downloaded (from actual DVD) looks boring, I can't even change the picture (or can I?).

6. steven182 macrumors newbie

yeah i do think you should be able to have the posters in front row for your movies, it'd just give a more consistent feel i think.

As for changing the pictures, yes you can! I'm presuming you mean the icon for the picture which is eeeasy in OS X, just search for which ever poster in google images and copy the image, then in the finder click the movie you're changing and just click 'get info' and in that window the icon is in the top left, click it and it'll show it to be highlighted then Paste it in. Simple as! The aspect of the poster is presevered and you can just change the view options of that window in the finder for 128x128 icon size. I also set my background to black.