Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigBlur

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2021
If you know your way around Shortcuts and Personal Automations, there are lots of things you can do there...

You could create shortcuts to set your watch faces from the Home Screen on your iPhone. Siri can run shortcuts too, so you could say something like "Hey Siri, set my favorite watch face". Or if you have raise to speak enabled on your Apple Watch, then raise your wrist near your mouth and say "Set my favorite watch face".

You could also create personal automations to change the watch face on certain days/times, when you arrive at a certain location, when turning on focus modes, etc. For example, you could have an automation to set it to a classy watch face when you arrive at the office, and have it change back to something more fun when you leave.

I don't mind swiping through the faces since I don't have that many, but I did create a personal automation to turn off the always-on display at night, and turn it back on in the morning.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
^^^^Soooo much this. Doing a bunch of that.

Also can arrange the faces so that the most used are near each other. For example, my regular weekday faces are the first three faces in the list, fourth is an "appointment" face. Only a couple of swipes away from the heavy hitters if don't want to run my "Set Watch Face" Shortcut.

TypeMRT

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
I’d like the opposite: a way to lock the Watch face. Every once in a while (more often in colder weather) the cuff of my long-sleeve shirt, sweater or coat will cause an errant swipe to a different Watch face. A setting to require the long-press only would solve that.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I’d like the opposite: a way to lock the Watch face. Every once in a while (more often in colder weather) the cuff of my long-sleeve shirt, sweater or coat will cause an errant swipe to a different Watch face. A setting to require the long-press only would solve that.
I occasionally get this too. Or even folding my arms will put skin in contact with the watchface and trigger a long-press or a swipe. I'd like to be able to lock it in some how.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.