Apple Silicone Case 6s+

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kers224, Sep 27, 2015.

1. kers224 macrumors newbie

Quick question (sorry if this has been asked before) - I previously had the Apple leather case on the 6 and just upgraded my phone to the 6S Plus. I liked the leather case I had on my 6 but was thinking about the Apple silicone case for the 6s Plus.

My question is, i liked how the leather case on the 6 was pretty thin, but i think the Silicone case will give it a bit more grip (and its cheaper as well). Is the silicone case pretty thin, like the leather case is? I just don't want to add any bulk to the phone and the Amazon cases I ordered I don't really like.

One thing to note - i don't live anywhere near an Apple store or a store that has them in stock that i could go check out the difference so i'd have to order online and was hoping to get some input from the forum.

Any feedback on the "grippy-ness" and "thin-ness" or the silicone case on the 6S+ or in general?

Thanks!

2. jtwlbz macrumors 6502a

Leather case has a problem of tight fit. Search thread

3. zamboni52 macrumors regular

I've used the black leather case on my SG iPhone 6 for the last year and it was great. I upgraded to the SG iPhone 6S+ and ended up buying the dark grey silicon case. It looks great and is much grippier than the leather case. Thin-ness was about the same as the leather case. If it is a little thicker, it is not enough to notice.

4. anthonybkny macrumors regular

anthonybkny

The leather is just so much nicer. Mine fits great.

5. powerocool macrumors 6502

powerocool

I got both silicon and leather cases this year in the same color. Ended up keeping the leather case. It doesn't add as much bulk, and feels more natural in the hand. I actually like it less grippy - putting in and out of pocket is much easier.

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. MCube74 macrumors 6502a

Apple case don't fit well with full screen protectors.

7. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I have both an old 6+ leather case and a new silicone case and while in theory I like the feel of the silicone better, in practice it seems to me to be more slippery. Like if I'm holding the phone in both hands and bracing it on my pinkie on the bottom (which is how I usually hold it), it's great. If I'm trying to use it one-handed, though, it seems to want to slide out of my fingers. I love the look, though, so I keep putting it back on my phone (and switching the next day). But that could just be me. :)

8. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

I have both the silicone and leather cases and I have found the silicone to be much better. I like the grippy feeling and any lint it collects easily wipes away. The leather case looks nice and while the two I have are tight, they do loosen up after putting on on and taking it off a few times. The deal breaker for the leather case is that it is way too slippery in the hand. It feels like I am holding a naked 6+. I don't recall the 6+ version ever feeling like that. It's nice and grippy.

Both leather cases are going back tomorrow and I'll be getting another silicone case instead.

9. powerocool macrumors 6502

powerocool

Guess I got used to the slippery feeling of using the 6+ naked. The leather case feels better to me because it's more slippery.

10. Nhwhazup, Oct 2, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2015

Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

The leather definitely keeps the thin feel better but is very fragile.

11. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

I normally go with the leather ones, but went silicone for two reasons.

The first being it nicer to hold and more grippy. The second reason is the leather ones just get marked real quick from jeans etc and soon look dirty.