Apple Silicone Cases?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by DragonPrime120, May 30, 2015.

1. DragonPrime120 macrumors newbie

DragonPrime120

Hello! I've been thinking about hitting Best Buy tomorrow and picking up a white Apple silicone case for my iPhone 6. However, I don't have any experience with that type of case, only the leather ones. Do they get dirty easily? Are they easily cleanable, especially the white? Thanks!

2. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I have the silver Plus with white silicone case and love the combination. I have tried multiple cases and keep coming back to the white silicone. I was leery with the white as I have had terrible experience with white TPU cases staining and discloring. Not so with the Apple case. It is silicone and not TPU. I have numerous silicone utensils that sit in food and tomato sauces that will stain anything. The silicone doesn't pick up the staining. It's the same with the white silicone case. It stays clean. It will pick up dust if you set it down on a dusty surface but you can just wipe it off. You can clean it with anything - glass cleaner, soap and water, leather cleaner. Mine still looks like new.

One thing I will caution you on is if you like to swap cases and plan to take it on and off a lot. Putting it on is no problem. However when you take it off the tendency is to just push on the bottom edges to release the phone. Don't do it that way as the flexing will release the bond from the silicone to the plastic case underneath. I had two cases that I returned due to this problem. With my third case, I realized that if I push on the sides and slide my fingers down to the bottom that works with no bottom edge problems. I've have this 3rd case for 6 months and it's still perfect.

3. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

From my experience with the silicone cases is that they don't get dirty easily and when they do get a bit if dirt just wipe them with wet wipes.

I have it in white, black, red and blue.

4. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Do you like the feeling of the silicone? Others have complained that they don't like the feeling of the silicone once it had been used a bit and has the oils from your hands on it. They claim a slimy feel. I actually like the feel of the case after using it for awhile. I haven't tried wet wipes for cleaning - should try that.

5. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

Well I have only come back to iOS about 7 weeks ago so I haven't been using the cases for long plus I also have the leather in navy, black and brown. At first I preferred the feel of the silicone case but that was because I only tried the red leather in the store but after trying the other colours in leather I prefer the feel of the leather.

I haven't experienced the slimy feel on mine but I'm sure if I did then a clean with a wet wipe would get rid of it.