Apple site not recognizing secondary phone on family plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boymom75, Oct 7, 2011.

1. boymom75 macrumors member

It looks as if the Apple site wants to charge me $59 a month for a voice plan on my son's family plan phone (as if it's NOT a family plan phone). The ATT site has it correct - no monthly voice plan is charged, just the data.

I'd prefer to order from Apple. Has anyone else found a workaround for this? Is there any downside to ordering from ATT?

2. boymom75 thread starter macrumors member

anyone? someone must be upgrading a family plan phone besides me!

3. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

I just went thought and at the end it said 'no changes to voice plan' after saying $80 for voice plan in the beginning.

4. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

Apple is not the Carrier of the Phone, Just a retailer. So thing's may get screwed up. And some details may not be there.
    You'd probably be better off going to the ATT/VZW/Sprint Website.

5. boymom75, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011

boymom75 thread starter macrumors member

Hmmm. When did the $80 charge go away? After clicking continue w/ the summary it's still there. As is the $30 a month for unlimited data. (which I am already billed for).

ETA: never mind! IT went away at the end. Thanks!

6. Krayd2k macrumors member

59 is how much u guys pay for the family plan there not going to charge u 59 again...he pay 80 maybe because he has a diff voice plan?

7. Colonel Badger macrumors 6502

Mine said the same. It initially ignored the fact that my second line should only be $9.99 for the voice and $30 for the unlimited data, and initially said $80 ($50 + $30), however when I got to "checkout" it clearly stated "Voice Plan: No changes". So I was happy and proceeded.

8. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

you're probably right. different plan.

9. Colonel Badger macrumors 6502

NO it's $59.99 for two lines ($50 for the first line $9.99 for the second), then you have to add on your data, which with grandfathered unlimited is $30/line. So:-

1st line: $50 + $30
    2nd line: $9.99 + $30

However apples store treats both lines as 1st line ($50 + $30) when you walk through the process, however at the end it clearly states no changes to the Voice side.