Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ACG12

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2015
The rubbery/plastic material that this thing is made of is starting to peel in pieces/chunks. Will the Apple store warranty it? I've had it for less than a year.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
The rubbery/plastic material that this thing is made of is starting to peel in pieces/chunks. Will the Apple store warranty it? I've had it for less than a year.

They should. They Will want to inspect it before they decide to replace it when you make a Genius appointment. The only thing I can assume that they would not replace it for, would be is if the damage looked like it was caused by you versus being an actual defect.

venger

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2011
Hi there, I'm looking to get the Apple Smart Battery case for my iphone 7 too. But reading this thread makes me wonder if this product is badly built.
I've had my phone for almost a year now, and it's still in quite good condition, albeit its in a leather case 24/7.

From this thread, it sounds like the smart battery case will breakdown/peel regardless of how careful one is with your phone - is this an isolated issue or wide-spread problem?

Would appreciate getting feedback from previous/current users of this case.

thanks,

mrow

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2009
Hi there, I'm looking to get the Apple Smart Battery case for my iphone 7 too. But reading this thread makes me wonder if this product is badly built.
I've had my phone for almost a year now, and it's still in quite good condition, albeit its in a leather case 24/7.

From this thread, it sounds like the smart battery case will breakdown/peel regardless of how careful one is with your phone - is this an isolated issue or wide-spread problem?

Would appreciate getting feedback from previous/current users of this case.

thanks,

I wouldn't worry about it. Sounds like OPs case is just defective. I got a smart battery case for my personal 6S when they came out in 2015 and still use it on my work issued 6S to this day. The thing looks practically brand new and I carry the phone with my almost every day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.