Apple Smart Battery Case Q

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nmeed, Mar 17, 2016.

1. nmeed macrumors regular

I am most likely going to buy the Smart Battery Case and I can't decide on the color. I feel like the white is a lot sharper, especially with the contrast with the Space Grey iPhone, however I'm worried about the lint. From my research the silicone seems to be a lint magnet, and I'm worried it will be more visible on the white. Then again, I'm pretty OCD so most likely I'd be cleaning away the black anyway, but I'd just like more thoughts from people regarding their color choice and how it has fared with lint and picking up grime. Any other thoughts and impressions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. tsevince macrumors regular

tsevince

No matter how OCD you are, the lint game will always win once you put it in any pocket. It's worse because the lint really sticks, and it's not a matter of a swoosh with your hand you really have to give it a few wipes even for the smallest amount of lint.

It's actually better if you weren't OCD and just forget about the lint.

3. nmeed thread starter macrumors regular

Would there be any advantage color wise?

4. tsevince macrumors regular

tsevince

I don't have any experience with the white so I can't say for certain, but the black isn't too noticeable and can be forgotten about in my experience. I did a review on it and mentioned the lint issue as a con:

5. nmeed thread starter macrumors regular

I appreciated that video, it basically mirrored my thoughts. I really prefer the white, I'm just wondering if the lint issue would be much worse with the white that it would be surpass any feelings on the color.