Apple Smart Cover?? Long-term good or not?

Saturn007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Reviews at the Apple store of the Smart Cover are decidedly mixed, with many negative, especially over time.

I was really wowed by the keynote last year showing it off, but it seems that people have run into troubles longer-term.

What's been your experience?

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
It's like the Apple bumper to me. Great but unless it's black it shows and holds dirt incredibly well. Lol

I don't think it's a long term solution for me as this is going to bother me on my iPad. My iPhone not so much.

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
i like it a lot, but it isn't perfect. it leaves dust trails on the screen (easily wiped off) and looks grungy after a while if you don't get a dark color. even with these drawbacks, i love using it, and think for my use it is one of the best solutions available.

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
I had the light blue one for about 8 months with my iPad 2. Didn't wear badly at all and I sold it recently in excellent condition for a good price. I just fancied a change with my new iPad.

I wouldn't hesitate from recommending it. Did a great job of protecting the display, didn't wear or get dirty easily if you look after your things, and it is very easy to clean with nothing more than a damp cloth required.

iNole

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2011
A-Town
I have a green poly and have had it for almost a year. It has held up ok. Dirt wipes off easy but I have some marks on it from rubbing up against a red incipio feather that I can't get off. I love the way it feels on though.