Apple Smart Cover?? Long-term good or not?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Saturn007, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Saturn007 macrumors 6502

Reviews at the Apple store of the Smart Cover are decidedly mixed, with many negative, especially over time.

I was really wowed by the keynote last year showing it off, but it seems that people have run into troubles longer-term.

What's been your experience?

2. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

I've had one for 3 days and hate it. Great screen cover but that's about it.

3. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

It's like the Apple bumper to me. Great but unless it's black it shows and holds dirt incredibly well. Lol

I don't think it's a long term solution for me as this is going to bother me on my iPad. My iPhone not so much.

4. palpatine macrumors 68040

i like it a lot, but it isn't perfect. it leaves dust trails on the screen (easily wiped off) and looks grungy after a while if you don't get a dark color. even with these drawbacks, i love using it, and think for my use it is one of the best solutions available.

5. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

I had the light blue one for about 8 months with my iPad 2. Didn't wear badly at all and I sold it recently in excellent condition for a good price. I just fancied a change with my new iPad.

I wouldn't hesitate from recommending it. Did a great job of protecting the display, didn't wear or get dirty easily if you look after your things, and it is very easy to clean with nothing more than a damp cloth required.

6. iNole macrumors member

I have a green poly and have had it for almost a year. It has held up ok. Dirt wipes off easy but I have some marks on it from rubbing up against a red incipio feather that I can't get off. I love the way it feels on though.

7. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

I've had mine since september. It works greats but it does get dirty.