Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
I am not sure what I am going to do yet but have a iPad Pro 10.5 inch. I want to keep the iPad Pro but maybe sell the Apple Smart Keyboard and Pencil. Big maybe.

How much should I charge for them ? Not together separately. Yes they are used.

No this is not a advertisement for them.

The Samurai

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
Go to eBay, search for 'Apple Pencil' and in the left hand column click on 'used' under condition and then 'completed listings' and it will give you an idea of how much the Apple pencil has sold for recently.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
Go to eBay, search for 'Apple Pencil' and in the left hand column click on 'used' under condition and then 'completed listings' and it will give you an idea of how much the Apple pencil has sold for recently.

Thanks.

I do not, I repeat, do not want to sell on eBay.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
I understand but it will give you the going rate for whichever sales avenue you want to pursue.

Ok thanks. So there is no better place to look ?
[doublepost=1530306147][/doublepost]My next question the iPad Pencil is easily lost outside the home so I always keep it at home.

Is there any almost perfect solution to this problem ?

Last edited:

The Samurai

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
Ok thanks. So there is no better place to look ?
[doublepost=1530306147][/doublepost]My next question the iPad Pencil is easily lost outside the home so I always keep it at home.

Is there any almost perfect solution to this problem ?

There are cases that come with pencil loops which will make iT easier for you to keep everything together.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
You could easily still drop the pencil and lose it :(

You can lose it as easily as any pencil. Apply the same care as with the pencil you used for school and you might be ok.

Apple_Fan_Girl

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2018
United States
If they're in good condition, the keyboard will go for around $120 and the pencil around $70 on Mercari. If I were you, I would try listing them on Mercari because Mercari only takes 10% of the final sale (minus shipping if you use Mercari's labels.)

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
You could easily still drop the pencil and lose it :(
I have had the keyboard and pencil with my iPad Pro 9.7 since the release and keep all three in a zippered pouch, when I’m traveling out of the house. I’m good at leaving stuff behind but this method has worked for me. When I’m not using the Pencil it goes back in the pouch.

I did buy the Cozy charger connection and cap holder as I could see the bigger opportunity to lose either of these. That’s also worked for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.