Apple Smart Keyboard - doesn't respond at times

Discussion in 'iPad' started by shyam09, Nov 15, 2017.

1. shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

I'm not sure what the issue is, but I've noticed this a few times. I can hold down the CMD key and I get that overlay that tells me what commands I can do, but if I open up Safari, Notes, or any app - the ASK just doesn't respond.

Is this a common issue or is it just me?

I do have a dbrandz skin, but I removed the entire edge with the smart connector so it makes it easier for the pins on the ASK to connect.

2. mk313 macrumors 6502a

I’m using an iPad mini 4 with a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard but I’m having the exact same issue with mine. It only started happening after I upgraded to iOS 11, but I can’t say for sure that’s the cause of the issue.

3. shyam09 thread starter macrumors 68020

shyam09

I was thinking that as well, but like you, I wasn't sure if that was the cause.

4. ericbpoll macrumors newbie

ericbpoll

In iOS 11 i’ve had slow response from my 10.5” Smart Keyboard from time to time. It’s usually only when i start typing in a text field for the first time it will miss the first few key strokes. It’s only been since iOS 11. Annoying, but not a deal breaker. There is a lot of keyboard jank with iOS 11 unfortunately.

5. Donfor39 macrumors 65816

Donfor39

No slow responses thankfully
    1 or 2 disconnect from iPad Pro -re connect Smart Keyboard.
    Apple Smart Keyboard is proving what I required -simple-reliable-tea spill proof.
    Honestly think it’s improving my typing at office when I use win10 laptop.
    Didn’t think initially flat Keyboard improves my typing speeed and accuracy.
    Very pleased since purchasing a few months earlier.

6. Phineasgage1848 macrumors newbie

Phineasgage1848

Is anyone still having this issue? Specifically, mine happens quite often with Safari. I will switch between apps using CMD+Tab and everything will be fine in one app; but no text entry or Safari specific keyboard commands work once I switch back to Safari. It is not the Smart Keyboard losing connection, either. Because CMD+H still takes me to the home screen and the keyboard works in other apps.