Apple Smart Keyboard for iPad 11 - Finish coming off on bottom

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by RedlegsFan, Apr 16, 2019.

1. RedlegsFan macrumors 6502

I have had my ASK since launch and I take good care of my stuff. I only use the ASK on clean, dry surfaces. However, the bottom of my ASK is starting to wear down. The finish is coming off and it’s feeling really rough. It’s only going to get worse. I can take a pic at some point and post, but I was curious if anyone else is experiencing this and is there any shot of Apple replacing the ASK due to this?

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

How long have you owned the keyboard? What I would do, is take pictures, if you have a local Apple Store, bring the keyboard with you, show Apple what you’re experiencing, and I’m sure they’ll be inclined to replace it _if_ it’s a defect that’s out of your control. But it’s definitely something they would have to inspect in person to make that decision moving forward.

3. Pseudo-Fed macrumors 6502

If you got AppleCare on the device it might apply to the ask. I know it applied to the pencil in same purchase as I got my pencil replaced over a year in.

4. RedlegsFan thread starter macrumors 6502

I've only had it since early January of this year. So I hate to see what it is going to look like in January of next year, at this rate. I'll have them take a look at it.

I was also curious if others are experiencing this issue....

5. RedlegsFan thread starter macrumors 6502

Here is a picture of it. Anyone else experiencing this?

Attached Files:

6. Populus macrumors 6502a

Populus

And that's why I want to get a skin for the Apple Smart Keyboard Folio.

7. RedlegsFan thread starter macrumors 6502

You shouldn’t have to skin the keyboard. That should not happen. I still have to take it into a store and see if they will replace it. I hope to do that this weekend.