Apple Smart Keyboard Wobble

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by auero, Mar 6, 2016.

1. auero macrumors 65816

I picked up an Apple Smart Keyboard last night and I noticed that the keyboard doesn't rest flat when on a flat service like a table. Has anyone else experienced this? I thought it might be occurring because it's still new.

2. artfossil macrumors 6502a

artfossil

No wobble here. Take it back.

3. auero thread starter macrumors 65816

Well at least it's only me. Others have mentioned the same via Twitter. Thanks!

For those who might experience this issue in the future, this is what it looks like.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

4. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

Yeah I'd defined take that back for a replacement. Mine rests completely flat on my desk as well. That one looks like someone at the factory sat on it before putting it in its box.

5. fanboi4lyfe macrumors regular

fanboi4lyfe

Mine has a slight lift in the very front, but it is definitely not as bad as yours. I would take it back as soon as you can because that is not normal. I was told by Apple that there is a slight pull on the front of the keyboard because of the magnet. Does anyone else have even just a slight pull/lift on their keyboard?

Only reason I'm asking is because its over $170 and I don't want something that is kind of defective.

6. auero thread starter macrumors 65816

Forgot to post an update. I did end up going back to the store and exchanging it. The new one is much better, although I notice more wrinkles/loose material in the keyboard. I assume those will go away and even if they don't it's not bad enough to warrant exchanging it again. What I didn't like was the Apple employee trying to bend the keyboard into place to make it sit flat. This one is near flat, but just as you stated it sits a little up. When I leave it opened for an extended period of time it flattens out.

On another note, I wish this was covered by AppleCare (under the iPad) since it's some what expensive.

7. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

What I've discovered is that there is no easy way to open and close the iPad Pro Apple Keyboard. Half the time it will become unattached since the magnet keeping it docked is so powerful.

8. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

9. fanboi4lyfe macrumors regular

fanboi4lyfe

So you think even though there is minimal pull/lift on mine I should try taking it back since I am still in the 2 week window? Thanks!

EDIT: And try it out in the store before leaving this time seems to be a good idea for me haha.

10. auero thread starter macrumors 65816

I think it will even out over time. My first one as posted pulled back very far. After using it for a little while it would flatten out, but it would return to its original state after folding it up.

The new one barley pulls back. After a few minutes of use its flat. Definitely try it out in the store.

11. fanboi4lyfe macrumors regular

fanboi4lyfe

Thanks for the help! Just want to make sure what I bought (its's not cheap) is working the way it should. Thanks!

12. Peter K. macrumors 6502a

Peter K.