Apple Smart Playlists

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by nmeed, Aug 13, 2015.

1. nmeed, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015

nmeed macrumors regular

I stupidly deleted all the smart playlists from the Music app and I want them back. After a lot of trouble, I managed to sync them to my phone but they show up under "My Playlists" and not "Apple Playlists" as they would originally. Is there anyway to get them to show up under "Apple Playlists?" I highly doubt there is, that being said, is there anyway to just wipe all of the Apple Music settings/info and just start over so I can have the playlists in their proper location? Come to think of it, can someone please "Share" their smart playlists with me? Maybe that way they'll show up under "Apple Playlists?" Thanks so much....

2. nmeed thread starter macrumors regular

Am I mistaken? Are the smart playlists actually under the "My Playlists" and not under "Apple Music Playlists?" That is to say if in the playlist section you were to select Apple Music playlists, none of those smart playlists would show? If anyone could shed some light on this it would be much appreciated.

3. WJKramer macrumors 6502

Pretty sure that is where they are supposed to be. Apple Playlists is for Apple Music Curated playlists. Your made playlists should be under My Playlists. No idea why you saw them there before.

4. nmeed thread starter macrumors regular

Oh. Man, I may have spent a lot of time for nothing then. Can you please confirm this?

5. WJKramer macrumors 6502

I have 3 smart playlists that only show up under "All Playlists" & "My Playlists"

6. nmeed thread starter macrumors regular

I guess that's that then. Thank you.