Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NewbieNerd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
Chicago, IL
Do any of you guys work for a company that develops software specifically for OS X? Only this semester did I decide I want to do the career thing instead of grad school, but unfortunately I did it too late, namely after Apple already had visited my school (Cornell). I've got upcoming on site interviews with Microsoft and IBM, but that just kinda feels blah compared to working for a computer industry I completely believe in, ya know? That's why I'm wondering if any of you work for or have any ideas of strong companies aimed at software development for Apples.

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
NewbieNerd said:
Do any of you guys work for a company that develops software specifically for OS X? Only this semester did I decide I want to do the career thing instead of grad school, but unfortunately I did it too late, namely after Apple already had visited my school (Cornell). I've got upcoming on site interviews with Microsoft and IBM, but that just kinda feels blah compared to working for a computer industry I completely believe in, ya know? That's why I'm wondering if any of you work for or have any ideas of strong companies aimed at software development for Apples.

Well, you know, Microsoft has a large Mac department.

NewbieNerd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
Chicago, IL
mduser63 said:
Well, you know, Microsoft has a large Mac department.

Yeah that's what I'm hoping for, but not really that likely I'll get offered a position with Microsoft anyway. I've pretty much only done theoretical type stuff up til now, so I don't feel that confident as a programmer, though I know I can learn quickly. I guess we'll see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.