Apple Software Update Includes:

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Djmx, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Djmx macrumors 6502

UPDATE: Seems like Apple is putting everything we like on the iPhone.. but the question is Why didn't they put it in the beginning? Okay i got this from the Howard Forum.. Check it out.. You can choose to believe it or not..

Pretty Intersting....

Link to the forum: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1191647

2. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

3. iWizzard macrumors regular

How would a software upgrade mange to install an GPS? (Unless the Iphone has an replicator or a very advance 3d printer)

4. OnlyMarcusCannn macrumors regular

Very interesting and exciting, indeed. All of these said updates, I assumed were coming sooner or later, anyway, so I'd believe this (or most of it, anyway). Can't wait!

5. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I'm interested in seeing how tightly the iPhone is linked with macs in terms of these updates.

So far the iPhone platform is fairly neutral, but Apple didn't get to be Apple by not leveraging its products.

I'll probably end up getting a mac on my next purchase cycle anyway, but it will be interesting to watch.

6. opticalserenity macrumors 6502a

Looks promising and very realistic....

Let's see it Apple. I can't wait.

7. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

That posting was from the 1st and has made it's rounds. I am also taking it with a grain of salt.

8. specops macrumors regular

if this is true this will be AMAZING. i just hope they also fix the crashes that sometimes happen. *crosses fingers*

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

That's easy. Apple wanted to put out the simplest product possible to:

1) Limit the possibility of embarrasing bugs, conflicts, and other gliches at launch. Once Apple has evaluated the iPhone w/ few apps it can add new ones and be able to trace new problems more easily.

2) Doesn't scare off non-techies when they are playing w/ the iPhone demos in-store. I think its safe to say those of us on this forum want as many options as possible, but too many choices to non geeks = too complex, which scares them off like a Bijon barking at a 2 mo. old baby.

Also:

1) Gives Apple lots of PR flexibility. Whenever iPhone talk/sales start to slow they can launch a new function to get tongues wagging again.

2) A lot of that stuff just wasn't ready for prime time even if Apple did want to put it in the phone at launch. Remember when Apple delayed Leopard and said it sent everyone to iPhone? Clearly the iPhone had to be in a pre-ramp up stage at that point and the programmers were working on new functionality that wouldn't be in the launch unit, but in a subsequent software update.

10. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

11. Djmx thread starter macrumors 6502

You do make a good point... i can't wait!! hopefully in the next month or so i wanna see an update!!! :D

12. Evangelist4Him macrumors newbie

Evangelist4Him

Wishful Thinking, But Interesting!

Greetings! A very interesting post indeed, but sounds suspiciously like wishful thinking in which we have indulged a bit. It is highly, make that HIGHLY, unlikely, improbable, if not impossible, that an Apple employee would jeopardize his employment releasing such information, even to a friend! Apple is extremely serious about their product development: just think back about the iPhone! Everybody was prohibited from even talking in their sleep! ;)

God Bless!

Rick

13. avalys macrumors 6502

Can't you already do this?

14. cfairbank macrumors 6502

This post was first found on Appleinsider last week and was pulled from the homepage because it was unreliable. I am hopefull that some if not most of these things will make their way to the iphone but not holding my breath.

15. G4R2 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, this story has already been discredited. Here's a link:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=76167