Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
If u restore the ipad in iTunes it will become a regular ipad 2 u may have to do it twice but afterwards u will have a perfect ipad 2 and all ur dads apps can b restored thru his opacity in app store under purchase
Thank God you came along, I bet the dude was up in arms over this after all this time!

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
So I picked up an iPad 2 today. This one was meant as a gift for my father.

I surprised him with it tonight and he was ELATED.

While I was helping him to set it up, I noticed a bit of weirdness. We kept getting a sync message from Mobile Me asking to merge 188 contacts with the computer. I clicked "show details" and found a slew of apple.com contacts, as well as asian contacts written in what I believe are Chinese characters. While investigating this, the iPad switched over to screensaver mode, and displayed an iPad 2 promotional screensaver advertising all of its features. The photos app was full of Apple promotional photos, and on pages 2 and 3 the iPad had a bunch of apps/content loaded like Molecules, Tron, Pages, Keynote, Numbers, books, music, videos etc.

I just checked his box against mine and noticed his says Ipad Wi-Fi 16GB Black DEMO, and even has a different model number.

Since these things are in short supply, I'd hate to have to take it away from him and return it when new ones arrive. I wonder if he should keep it? If there are any internal differences between demo and retail units? Obviously the pro-loaded apps won't be in sync with his iTunes account and won't update. And I don't know if we can delete them (haven't tried). Then there's that iPad 2 promotional screensaver to deal with....

Has this happened to anyone else?
iPad 2 is not in short supply. Either it was an error or you were scammed. Go back to the apple store and demand to talk to a manager.

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
If u restore the ipad in iTunes it will become a regular ipad 2 u may have to do it twice but afterwards u will have a perfect ipad 2 and all ur dads apps can b restored thru his opacity in app store under purchase

Your very first post ever, new to the forum, and you actually found a 1 1/2 year old thread that the OP is not even reading anymore. Goodness. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.