Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Can this be true - exceeding original estimates of 80K ?

https://www.engadget.com/apple-migh...eadsets-over-pre-order-weekend-081727344.html

AVP demostore.jpeg

Reactions: DarkCole

fs454

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston

They had 80k on-hand for the first, immediately available batch for launch weekend. Aside from a handful of localized store pickup 1TB models still floating around, new orders are arriving mid March, meaning they sold another whole month or so's worth of inventory that isn't off the assembly line yet.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Source? Not Min-Chi Kuo. I've yet to see Apple officially announce numbers.

Hang on, Tim Cook will be on live TV tonight to provide the exact numbers for you.

Ultimately, this is about whether the sales can be sustained and carried over to regular consumers. Apple fans around the world will buy the first batches of Vision Pro. The original HomePod sold 3 million units, but it was obvious failure because sales didn't continue to increase.

• Haha
Reactions: 4sallypat

XboxEvolved

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2004
Yeah Kuo's estimates are based off of total sold so far and as far as I know Apple doesn't really do the whole "sold out" thing rather they just push orders out. I know however that in several retail locations (if not all of them?) you can pick the Vision Pro up at or around launch depending on the time you go in there.

So I would think that the 80k number on day one deliveries is accurate. A lot of it also has to do with how many they are actually able to produce as well.

AppleWes

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2013
Hang on, Tim Cook will be on live TV tonight to provide the exact numbers for you.
:rolleyes:

....yes, that was the point of my post- a lot of people present sales figures as accurate yet no on knows for sure

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
:rolleyes:

....yes, that was the point of my post- a lot of people present sales figures as accurate yet no on knows for sure

Kuo's been in this business for over two decades and his production numbers are backed by Gurman. Those figures are about as close as we'll ever get publicly.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
Moderation Note

Please continue the discussion in the main article:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.