Apple Specific Mophie Juice Pack Air

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jimbo1mcm, Jun 30, 2011.

1. jimbo1mcm, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011

jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Just picked up a Mophie Juice Pack Air that was designed specifically at Apple's request. It has been out since around the middle of June, available only at the Apple store right now, $79. The difference between this one and the older one is that the bottom piece slides on and off when needed. This allows the IPhone to be docked. I was impressed with the fit and quality. It only adds a little in length and thickness to the phone but does add some more weight. It has the technology to allow the IPhone to use up the Mophie battery before it uses its own battery. It was kind of nice to see my IPhone stay at 100% battery for most of the day. The Mophie has 4 LED's on the bottom so you can see the state of charge. It charges with the included micro usb cable. You can charge it separately or leave it connected to the IPhone and charge it. I pulled the usb cable out of my IPhone charger and substituted the Mophie cable and charged both the battery and the IPhone. I was thinking that I would use this case just when I traveled but it is such a nice case I think I will just leave it on and use it daily. It does have the advantage of using the Mophie battery cycles and saving the IPhone battery cycles. It should allow the IPhone battery to last a long time. Description is in the Apple store. Not sure when the "Apple specific" Mophie will be available at other than Apple store outlets.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H6249ZM/A

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/mophie-juice-pack-air-for-iphone-4/

2. rickreiko macrumors newbie

I am actually about to go pick one up today. I can't wait. I used to have the old one and love the design on the new one.

3. jimbo1mcm thread starter macrumors 68000

98% at 7:10 pm!!

I have settled in using the Juice Pack Air as my daily case. Yeah, it is a little heavier, but I looked at my phone last night and it read 98% remaining at 7:10 pm!! It's a really nice feeling not worrying about power now.