Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reiger

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
Netherlands
Multiple articles today quote Apple spokesperson Jeniffer Bowcock stating "The software update improves communication with 3G networks".

For instance: http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20080820/tc_usatoday/appletriestodebugiphone

This is really a joke. 2.0.2 did nothing to improve reception for many people on the forums. For a lot of people the reception actually got worse. Let's hope that this is not Apple's fix :(

jediistar

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007
I just tried 3G in areas that my iPhone DID get great 3G signal and now I get one maybe 2 bars of 3G, this is ridiculous. I'm so frustrated now. At first I was willing to swallow the trouble and wait for an update, but now even the areas I had signal strength are gone, now i'm pissed.

North burbs of Chicago btw.

ratbatblue

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
2.0.2 hasn't done a thing for or against my iPhone, as far as I can see. The way things have been going, that may be a plus.

Actually, only 3G things are bad for me. Everything else is only lightly cursed or works fine.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.