Apple still replace cracked top case?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by barkjohn10, Jul 16, 2011.

1. barkjohn10 macrumors newbie

I have a 2007 white Macbook with a cracked keyboard, I am pretty sure they replace the keyboard if it's cracked but I am not sure if they still do it. Also it has water damage that damaged the logic board but I am planning on replacing that myself, will apple try to make me pay them to replace the logic board?

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

You can always ask, but since the machine is that old I doubt they will fix anything on it for free.

3. barkjohn10 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well they won't even let me speak to a technical support person without a technical phone support or applecare. Also the support status say's the macbook is still available for support.

4. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

They replaced mine last year (it was 4 years old a that point), the issue for you is the dead logic board. I'm sure as part of the QA with a repaired unit they'd want to test it. If the logic board is dead then they cannot. Can you fix the logic board first?

5. benchlegs macrumors member

benchlegs

Absolutely they will!

Just make an appointment with the Genius Bar at your nearest Apple store. They fixed mine and they'll fix yours!

I didn't believe it either, but I went in anyway and came out with a 4 year old (2007) macbook that looks like new!

6. benchlegs macrumors member

benchlegs

oops....sorry, didn't see the part of the damaged logic board. That I highly doubt they will fix.

Sorry 'bout that

7. JJJosh41 macrumors regular

benchlegs: how much did it cost to have them replace the keyboard and surround? (I'm assuming you didn't have apple care)