Apple Still Selling iPhone Classics?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bbeers, Jul 2, 2008.

1. bbeers macrumors regular

bbeers

Does anyone know if Apple will still be selling the iPhone Classic, after the 3G one comes out. My wife wants on and doesn't care about the 3G speeds. So I was thinking that we can get here a Classic and convert my iPhone line to a family plan.

Her contract won't be up until a week after the 3G launch, so I am just trying to figure out if I should buy one now, or wait and see if the price will come down at all, not that I think it will.

2. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

I dont think they will be selling the OGs anymore, they stopped making them because of the 3G, thats why they are sold out now, and i dont think they are going to make any more

3. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

The iPhone 3G replaces the original iPhone. I doubt Apple will be selling both, as they've been out of the originals for a good two and a half months now.

Looks like eBay just became your friend. :cool:

R-Fly

4. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

I thought there was a rumor that Apple had ordered additional Gen1's, could be for warranty claims, etc.

5. bbeers thread starter macrumors regular

bbeers

Yeah but they are more expensive on ebay than I paid for one brand new.

How about this?
    Do you think I can get a new 3g iPhone and and my iPhone classic on one family plan. and if so, will the classic be paying the old data rate or the new and will it have 200 texts or not?

Just trying to get my wife off verzion and on a family plan. She wants an iPhone and we don't want to have to buy 2 new one. Although I would love to replace my 4GB Classic.

6. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

Could be -- though wasn't the order like 2 million more original iPhones, or some outrageous number like that? That's a LOT of phones just for replacing...

7. a104375 macrumors 6502

a104375

a thought: have you checked the refurb store or other places on the net that refurb phones?

8. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Watch it everyday on my Webclip in my dashboard. Want to buy one for my wife.

9. bbeers thread starter macrumors regular

bbeers

Just got off the phone with AT&T

So I can just have my wife get the new phone and I can keep my phone. We cab both be added onto a family plan where I pay for the old iPhone data rate and she pays for the new data rate and text messages, and we share minutes. The other nice thing is that only she will get hit with extending the two year agreement, my commitment does not get extended for two more years