apple stock ??? anyone play

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iphone7suk, Aug 6, 2016.

1. iphone7suk Suspended

does anyone in here play apple stock ????

how much monthly earn ?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

3. determined09 macrumors 65816

determined09

Are you asking does anyone here own Apple Stock?

4. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Nope. I like high dividend stocks and diversified mutual funds.

5. DadBod630 macrumors regular

Last year after lots of careful planning I invested 80% of my savings fund into AAPL, so far it hasn't been awesome but I'm hoping that later this year it'll all pay off.

6. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

You would be much better diversifying over different investments and dollar cost averaging your investments. It's only me but I don't consider putting 80% of your savings into APPL to be careful planning :D.

If you are going to invest, I highly recommend getting a free Vanguard account.

7. RIZZO124 macrumors member

Rule #1 of investing: don't put all your eggs in one basket!!!

Years ago I thought I was a wise guy and made some silly stock purchases that cost me a lot of hard earned savings. I still haven't recovered. I suggest reading William o'neils book called How to make money in stocks. Excellent book!! It teaches you about the CAN SLIM concept. If you don't know what what is, read the book or pick up a copy of investors business daily newspaper.

8. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Rule #2 of investing: Look at your investsments, and then go back to rule 1. Did you actually spread out your investsments? If not, do it!

Don't put more than 25% of your money in one stock, and only if you know for sure it will rise. 80% is crazy, and you should really start with small money until you get an idea of the market. Or go investments fonds.

Ive made some good money of AAPL, but I also bought the first time when it was at 30$.

Don't expect to make much, if any at all of AAPL until they release their next major product, ie. Car or health product which isnt a watch update, or a third magical one-more-thing.

9. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

I have AAPL. I told my parents to invest in 2003 when I was in my early teens. My dad (an investment banker) likes to tell the story that he and my mother told me to "shut up and eat my peas". Sure enough they regreted that decision. They ended up investing a couple years later including some of my portfolio) and sold some of it along the way, but we ended up doing very well.

But if you look into the stock market, you'll find out you don't get a monthly payout.

And no to putting all your eggs in one basket, maybe unless you don't have many eggs to play with and that basket is a diversified mutual fund.

Right now Apple's stagnancy with product development doesn't give me much confidence in seeing the growth we saw over the past 10+ years. Unless their "next big thing" is really "big".