Apple stock downgraded to average . . .

dvdh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 6, 2004
I guess there is some concern about the likelihood of continued iPod sales growth as well as computer hardware market growth. . .

http://ca.us.biz.yahoo.com/ap/050411/apple_stock.html?.v=1

My favorite part, though, is this:

"Stahlman lowered his rating on Apple to "Average" from "Above Average," adding that rival Microsoft Corp. will soon reveal a new version of Windows that addresses the operating system's major security shortcomings."

Soon? . . . really . . . they might 'reveal' it, but it's not like it will be on the market anytime soon.

:confused:

ipodmann

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2004
bousozoku said:
The stock was already down with the rest of the market on William Buffett being questioned. Caris & Co.? Who? :D

Time to buy some more aapl. We will see what happens in the next few days with the earnings report.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
The part about longhorn coming out soon was a complete laugh for me. Clearly this guy is not educated on the matter.

Here's to hoping that Wednesday's financial results will boost the stocks so I can sell. :eek:

AppleAce

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2005
USA
I bet it's cause Tiger wasn't released on April 1st. :rolleyes: Let's see if we can drive the price up even more, Tiger is coming this Tuesday! Tiger is coming this Tuesday! :D But seriously, that part about M$ having Longhorn ready soon, LOL, right.

geese

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2003
London, UK
AhmedFaisal said:
..... that should tell ya enough. Yet another zombie clone of Rabid M$ Apologets, Inc.. I wonder if this slimy ignorant brownnoser will notice when M$ finally releases ShortHorn that nobody gives a crap anymore.... And the part that it will fix the security issues of Windows, that's the same tired crud the Orcs from the Land of Redmond have told us for decades with every other incarnation of that turd they have created so far. I for one still run Win2k on my old PC and nothing in the world will get me to upgrade to LongTurd.
Regards,

Ahmed
But Windows ME was good wasnt it? :D