Apple Stock Predictions for Today

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Speedracer04, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

Well? Does everyone think that Apple (AAPL) stock will go up or down today following the keynote?

Personally I think that the stock will fall 1-2%. Why? Because on days like today, stock is pushed up on hype and then the announcments meeting those expectations of the masses.

However today is different because it almost seems like there are no suprises left for today (iPhone = leaked and torn down). We will no longer be suprised at what is anncounced today and that hype for something more "bubble" will burst when the iPhone is announced with exactly what we have seen from the leaked photos.

Im sure we will see some small suprises today but nothing big enough to overcome the "meh ya weve seen that before today" feeling of the iPhone launch.

Thoughts? ;)

2. InvalidBassist macrumors regular

InvalidBassist

I agree.

It opened at, what, $255 today?

I say that it will go above 260 before the keynote and then once the keynote is over (and a dealy to order is announced on the awesome products) it'll drop to 250 or below.

I love watching it though, throughout these days.

But I have a feeling that more investors are getting smarter and holding off on buying the stock until after the drop so we won't see the rise before the fall like you did a year ago.

3. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I disagree ... I think there will be iPhone functions that have not yet been revealed, and things like software, price points, capacity, ect. will affect the stock price . Plus, there are many topics Apple could touch upon this WWDC, including their Macs, their software, and their iPhone.

4. Marty Macfly macrumors regular

Stock always falls after a keynote. Nothing that can be released would stop stockholders from selling.

5. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Uh, okay.

6. Marty Macfly macrumors regular

If you are in disbelief, simply look at stock graphs on keynote days and watch the drop at the time the keynote ends.

7. Speedracer04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

Definitely, based on past keynote dates, the stock has always dropped in the hours following the keynote.

8. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

It depends. If Apple announces some unexpected things like...

An iPhone with a bigger screen than expected, or the Apple Cloud, feature one login for iTunes, MobileMe (free for everyone) with Dropbox like functionality, over the air iTunes (from LaLa they purchased), and taking advantage of Siri for search, or offered an overhaul of Apple TV, their stock will go up.

If they announce nothing that people aren't already expecting, the stock will drop a little bit.

9. Speedracer04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

Haha, lmao look at the closing stock price for today...did I call it or what? :p

10. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Yeah, but the whole stock market has been very flakey the last few weeks. So with the whole market down -115, it makes sense.

My history with the Keynote is that the stock would jump up as the Keynote started but by the end or slightly there after it would drop. BUT in the last year or two, it seems that it ramps up until a few days before and then it starts to drop. Now I make sure I'm out at least a week ahead. I lucked out, I sold everything at 275... if it keeps dropping I may buy back in.

11. iTiki macrumors 6502

Looks like a buying opportunity to me. :D

12. thetexan macrumors 6502a

I guess it depends if the stock analysts care more about US market share of raw number of sales. With AT&T's recent ETF and data plan changes, it will no doubt make a lot of people think twice before moving to AT&T and getting the iPhone. My guess is the vast, vast majority of 4's sales will be people upgrading and not people switching. Time will tell.