Apple Stock Soared today!

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by benlee, Oct 23, 2007.

1. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

Sorry if this was already posted...But I just wanted to point out Apple stock is up over $11 today. Is this the highest increase at market close for them?

2. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

I'm pretty sure I read that this is the highest value of Apple stock ever, greater than that of IBM and of Intel I must add.

Not sure about your question though, sorry.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

The rise actually occurred in after-hours trading yesterday after the earnings released. It actually dropped a couple of bucks from its opening today (and it's down another $2.50 in after-hours trading today). But yes, it's their highest close ever. Even the great AAPL plunge of 2000 is a mere blip in the stock chart now.

4. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Ahh, if only I had had the money to invest in it back when it was $36...

On the other hand, this speaks well for the company, and for the continual challenged to the "old" way of computing (Wintel). Apple is now more than ever a viable competitor, and this week's financial results along with this great increase in stock value, are testaments to that.

5. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Probably not. The jump was less than 7%, which is a lot, but unlikely to be a record move. Seems to me it rose closer to 10% after last quarter's results. AAPL surpassing the market cap of IBM is interesting though.

6. phroggie macrumors newbie

Why aren't people shouting about it...

...Apple's market cap is greater than IBM's!

I thought it was just a fluke when it passed Dull's for a day. Then it blew past it. But then Dull is just an over glorified clone-meister.

This time it's IBM.

Wasn't it just yesterday when the doom-sayers were predicting that the IBM PC, IBM PC Jr and that Charley Chaplain clone were gonna drive Apple into oblivion? (Yeah, I know, IBM abandoned PCs long ago.)

What was it that Michael Dell said about Apple?

7. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

"What would I do? I'd shut it down and give the money back to the shareholders."

:apple: