Apple Stop kick Microsoft!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jmggs, Jan 27, 2008.

1. jmggs macrumors regular

jmggs

I am a big apple fun i have mac pro, a macbook, ipod classic etc.. all leopard...and i have a sony vaio laptop with vista business.

Leopard in terms of network, sharing is a lot worse than vista. Leopard hangs many times too.... and

what about a send to in second mouse click menu to send a file for exemple to a pen drive?

Time machine is backup application. What about a system restore like windows??

In pro level windows 2003 Server is better many times than Leopard Server.

So apple stop saying that leopard is better than vista and wake up and work to
    be better in all aspects!!!!!!

2. lucky3killer macrumors regular

This forum is... Mac Rumor...

Alot of Mac fanboys are here but not just for me. ;)

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

I always believe apple's developing strength isn't that good, whenever putting new things into a big bowl, they mess up for 6 months, well, how about don't release the beta and name it stable version then?

4. riscy macrumors 6502a

riscy

He's just hoping to get a rise out of everyone - let him/her rant and rave. Please let this thread die a peaceful, quiet death, by not replying.

5. jmggs thread starter macrumors regular

jmggs

riscy He's just hoping to get a rise out of everyone ...

you don't get the point.....

some people are apple blind.... if jobs say that mac os are better thant vista you agree with no questions.....

mac os x is better in many points but not all, there are many things to be improved...

but thats ok...

6. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

I actually prefer networking on OS X to Windows, mainly because you can actually get it working no problem. Sure it has it's quirks like if you use internet sharing certain iChat features won't work, but does Windows even have internet sharing? To each his own though, not everyone is gonna like the same thing. :)

7. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Windows does have Internet sharing, I've used it back in the days of dial-up. ;)

I find networking in OS X is simpler to use as well, although since Leopard it's become quite a headache trying to see Windows computers on the network.

Even though I've been pulled into this discussion I'm inclined to agree with riscy's point.

8. Masquerade macrumors 6502a

Masquerade

isn't microsoft the only one that apple is kicking.
    they think that users are idiots too, their makerting terms like better, fastest, lighter, intuitive, nothing from this earth, lights up any children. :apple:

9. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

Of course. I don't think there are many people on this forum who believe that OS X is unequivocally 100% better than Windows in all aspects. Just take a browse in the forums and you'll see.

On the whole, I find the Apple experience better. Yes, there were some things that Windows did better, both in terms of OS X versus XP/Vista and in terms of what software is available on each platform, but overall I find it a very acceptable trade-off.

10. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

11. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Drag file onto external drive icon. It's faster than the 3 clicks required in xp.

Networking with OS X is much better.

12. redshift20 macrumors member

Um.. you can drag and drop a file to a drive icon in Windows. Just thought I'd let you know so you can save your 3 clicks next time :rolleyes:

13. TheStu macrumors 65816

Right, but until Vista, spring loaded folders were a thing of dreams. Good luck taking a file from your Documents to a nested folder on your jump drive in anything before Vista. Or trying to drop something onto a sidebar icon in XP...

14. cohibadad macrumors 6502a

cohibadad

Apple can say whatever they want. It's up to you to decide. Should they say they're almost as good or trying really hard? Come on. It's advertising and their goal is to sell hardware. Geez. Buy it or don't buy it.

15. maxrobertson macrumors 6502a

This is very true. I had tons of problems at work with our all-windows networking. It was awful to try to get a computer connected. Even our sys admin couldn't figure it out. I get a MacBook and it sees all the networks instantly. That was impressive to say the least.

16. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

You do realize that this is just an advertisement and most people (like you) need to realize the difference between an opinion and a fact (something that most people learn in elementary school). This is just Apple's stand on who's OS is better. And Apple says this mostly only in their ads, and frankly, nobody should listen to ads, figuring as I am posting it, I have just seen two ads in a row, the first was from Comcast saying how they have more channels and movies in HD than DirectTV, the next ad was from DirectTV saying how they have a lot more programs in HD than cable [targeted at Comcast]. Who are you supposed to believe? And what was your point in making this thread, you will get probably the most biased answers/responses here towards your thread.

17. Mr.PS macrumors 6502a

OSX > Vista, no content. I use both on a daily basis. Networking is better in OSX, no doubt. I also prefer browsing network shares in OSX much more over Vista.

Vista is garbage, it's slow, looks the same as XP, and really offers nothing to the consumer for the price you pay over XP. It's truly one of the greatest **** ups in the tech industry - ever.

No I'm not a Mac fan boy, but I have no tolerance of Vista. I like a few Microsoft products, but honestly, I have no reason to use them for anything other then gaming at this point, something which I no longer do.

18. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I think quite a few IT memebers here on these boards have pointed out multiple times in large networks (30+ computers) windows is general the better OS to go with because it is easier for IT departments to manage it.

Those same people also point out for a home user apple is by far better. Each OS has its pluses and minuses.

19. Mr.PS macrumors 6502a

In general Windows is superior in some ways to some people over Unix in large user networks such as Windows networks. It is just easier to setup and manage, this is a topic I some what agree on...