Apple Stops Selling iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus and Apple Watch Series 4 Models

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
www.macrumors.com

Coinciding with the launch of the new iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max, Apple has reshuffled its iPhone lineup, discontinuing the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. The devices will likely remain available for purchase for lower prices from select resellers around the world for the foreseeable future.

Likewise, with the introduction of the Apple Watch Series 5, Apple has stopped selling Apple Watch Series 4 models. Apple Watch Series 3 models remain available, and pricing for those now starts at a reduced $199.

Article Link: Apple Stops Selling iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus and Apple Watch Series 4 Models

Souponastick270

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2016
My trusty "old" Jet Black plus with 256gb is still going strong and will only be retired when it falls off the iOS list.

There has been very little to warrant an upgrade for what I use my phone for.

Also, I wish Apple would bring back the Jet Black finish!

BootsWalking

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2014
Much as I love the cameras on the new phones I don't think I can ever give up the iPhone 7/8 form factor. I hope Apple eventually makes a bezel-free SE that delivers the same 4.7" display on a phone even smaller than the 7/8.

Last edited:
Reactions: u+ive

Sasparilla

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2012
The Apple Watch was the only device that was still making big leaps generation to generation based on hardware updates - sticking with the 4's guts in the 5 takes this for sure update for me (from a 3) and puts it on hold. Series 6 will almost certainly have a new CPU etc...

That’s lame, the series 3 should’ve been discontinued and the series 4 should’ve gotten a price cut.
It's because the series 5 is using the same CPU / guts as the series 4 and wouldn't work. Guessing there's a story behind this (the 5 not having a new CPU etc.) - I'm quite stunned they did this. The one thing they could do to slow down Watch sales and they did it.

Reactions: nickgovier and Mity

Achillias

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2011
Wow, that's a scumbag move from Apple to discontinue the Watch 4 series and instead promoting the series 3 as the only option to buy as "cheaper" option. While it haves that ugly rectangular screen instead of the round corners of the watch 4 and a worse chip.

PickUrPoison

macrumors 601
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
The Apple Watch was the only device that was still making big leaps generation to generation based on hardware updates - sticking with the 4's guts in the 5 takes this for sure update for me (from a 3) and puts it on hold. Series 6 will almost certainly have a new CPU etc...

It's because the series 5 is using the same CPU / guts as the series 4 and wouldn't work. Guessing there's a story behind this (the 5 not having a new CPU etc.) - I'm quite stunned they did this. The one thing they could do to slow down Watch sales and they did it.
Quite stunned? Doesn’t take much I guess.

Always-on with the same battery life makes the series 5 a no-brainer over the series 4, despite whatever complaints you might have. Along with the new finishes, it’ll likely outsell the series 4. But I’m sure Apple appreciates your concern!

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
That’s ridiculous. They’re acknowledging that the Apple Watch 4 is competitive enough of a device and it could eat into Apple Watch 5 sales.
It’s only ridiculous to you as a buyer. If it were your company you’d see the benefit. Always more than one way to view things.

JosephAW

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2012
Idk, I may just keep kicking my 7+ for a while. Needs some repair for speaker and battery but still going strong.

RulyCentaur92

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2019
My trusty "old" Jet Black plus with 256gb is still going strong and will only be retired when it falls off the iOS list.

There has been very little to warrant an upgrade for what I use my phone for.

Also, I wish Apple would bring back the Jet Black finish!
I got the exact same phone and it is the best one i think apple has created so far. Including that Jet black color