Apple Stops Signing iOS 13.1 Following Release of iOS 13.1.2

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following the release of iOS 13.1.2 last week, Apple today stopped signing iOS 13.1, meaning downgrading to this version of iOS is no longer possible.

Apple last Friday stopped signing iOS 12.4.1, iOS 13.0, and iOS 13.1.1, but continued signing iOS 13.1 until today.

iOS 13.1.2 was a bug fix release that quickly followed iOS 13.1.1, which primarily addressed issues with battery drain, Siri, and access permissions for third-party keyboards.

Apple routinely stops signing older versions of software updates after new releases come out in order to encourage customers to keep their operating systems up to date.

iOS 13.1.2 is now the current public version of iOS, but developers and public beta testers can download iOS 13.2, an upcoming update with features like the Deep Fusion image processing system for the new iPhone 11 lineup.

Article Link: Apple Stops Signing iOS 13.1 Following Release of iOS 13.1.2

pika2000

macrumors 603
Jun 22, 2007
All my devices are still on 12.4.1. I’ll just wait until the OTA push notification shows up. :D

apolloa

macrumors G5
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Well so far it’s got some bugs I’ve noticed, iPad OS Safari is really bad, the keyboard doesn’t pop up half the time! And split screen windows refuse to go to half or full screen.

So I’d rather Apple fix its mess then worry about stopping to sign older versions which have more bugs!! This isn’t a good release so far and I really really hope it doesn’t go down the iOS 11 route.....
iPad OS has great potential, it just needs to work properly!

Carles20vt

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2019
Barcelona
13.1.2 is terrible on my phone, awful battery life and too many bugs and glitches.
I have discovered some Apps eating my battery at idle/background. One of these are WatsApp.

Maybe a bug on some Apps appears when iOS was updated. So the solution is delete and reinstall them.

I can’t perform these solution to avoid to delete all WhatsApp databases. So... I have done a radical solution.

I have performed a full backup from my decide to computer. Then entered the iPhone to DFU and restored the software with 13.1.2. Latter restored the backup and all apps have been downloaded and installed again.

Now I can observe a big improvement regarding WhatsApp and another Apps consuming battery at background.

I don’t know why... but it works for me.

I hope another guy can try it and find the solution too. :)

McBroody

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2019
Wish I could go back to 12.4, the upgrade’s totally not an improvement. Managing the keyboard became a nuisance, mailing(app) management resulted in more taps per action ... less effective overall thus ... any option that people here know of to roll back to 12.4?

tx and good luck!

JosephAW

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2012
Question: I noticed since the rollout of iOS 13 that people are blocking incoming calls. I deliver food and on the customers instructions they tell me to call when I arrive. They never answer now, I have to text them. And hope they see my text in the unknown senders list. I knock at their door and they bellyache that I should have called because of the dog or baby sleeping.

Is there a way to override this with calling multiple times. Or get my phone number on a Do Ring list? What a mess.

russell_314

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Question: I noticed since the rollout of iOS 13 that people are blocking incoming calls. I deliver food and on the customers instructions they tell me to call when I arrive. They never answer now, I have to text them. And hope they see my text in the unknown senders list. I knock at their door and they bellyache that I should have called because of the dog or baby sleeping.

Is there a way to override this with calling multiple times. Or get my phone number on a Do Ring list? What a mess.
Just tell them that you called. Leave a voicemail. I have this feature turned on as well but if I know I’m expecting an unknown call as in a food delivery person or something I will turn it off. Calling multiple times was a setting you could use to bypass do not disturb but I don’t think it works for this. It was often exploited by spam callers

Reactions: JosephAW