Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigwayne3000

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 23, 2008
Ok so I want an iPhone 4 and went to Apples online store and saw it will be 3 weeks for shipment of phones. Does this time frame also include ATT? Will it take 3 weeks for ATT to recieve new shipments?

The Californian

macrumors 68040
Jan 17, 2009
Surfers Paradise
Long Answer: Apple Online Store shipment times are: Manufacturing time in China + Shipment time to your house. These do NOT have the priority over shipments to Apple Stores and AT&T Stores. So the shipment time is much longer considering all of the resources being dedicated to the retail stores.

Short Answer: No.

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
Read back a couple of weeks on this forum and see how reliable ordering through ATT is.

It may have been a b*tch getting our pre-orders through Apple. com, but at least Apple came through with the goods a day earlier than the public launch day.

If I had to do it over, I would again order directly through Apple. I wouldn't bother with ATT.

joeybuckets

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2008
ZANESVILLE,OHIO
Read back a couple of weeks on this forum and see how reliable ordering through ATT is.

It may have been a b*tch getting our pre-orders through Apple. com, but at least Apple came through with the goods a day earlier than the public launch day.

If I had to do it over, I would again order directly through Apple. I wouldn't bother with ATT.

i ordered mine thru ATT and got it a day earlier as well.:p

bigwayne3000

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 23, 2008
The reason I ask is because I'm in the Marines and have was in the field from June 11-today. I had a buddy log in to Apple.com and pre order me an iPhone 4 (for pick up at local Apple Store) and he said he did but I never recieved a confirmation for it so I'm thinking that he didnt really pre order it or something happen in the process. I was going to go to the Apple Store or at least call them tomorrow to find out if I have a pre order or not. I'm actually a VZW customer now and am paying the $175 to switch over. Only problem is, my phone got damaged in rain out in the field than when on liberty I lost the damn thing so I have no phone and 3 weeks w/o a phone is an eternity.

shox2k2

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
Wichita, KS
apple stores will get shipments often. you may need to just call some apple stores in your area and see if they have any, or if you call late enough they may tell you if they are expecting some the next day. hopefully apple will release an availability tracker soon.

if you do pick one up at an apple store you can always cancel your apple.com order or att order.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.