Apple Store Agent "Hints" At A iLife 09 Release Next Week???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NyMetsFan08, Jan 14, 2009.

1. NyMetsFan08 macrumors regular

Hey everyone!!! I was on the apple store website just a few minutes ago and I decided to talk to an apple store agent online. As I was talking the agent he "hinted" at an iLife 09 release of next week but still was uncertain. Tell me what you think? Here is the chat:

You are chatting with Christopher P, an Apple Expert

Hi, my name is Christopher P. Welcome to Apple!

Hi Christopher I was just wondering when iLife 09 is going to be released?

Christopher P: We do not have a release date as of yet for iLife 09.

Do you happen to know the day it may get released?

Christopher P: I'm sorry, but I don't have an exact release date.

Do you think it may get released next week sometime? because I was thinking about purchasing a new computer with iLife 09 preinstalled.

Christopher P: Again, I'm sorry but I do not have any further information. Please be patient, it may or may not get released next week.

Thank you very much, I will wait and see what happens.

Christopher P: You're welcome is there anything else I can help you with this evening?

No that is all thank you again, bye.

Christopher P: Thank you for visiting the Apple Store. We appreciate your business. If you would like more help, please chat with us again.

Thank you for choosing the Apple Store. If you have any additional questions, please chat us again.

2. wawanarchist macrumors regular

Thats a hint? Sounds more to me like a scripted answer... For example, I feel completely comfortable saying "I may or may not contract aids next week" And in no way am I hinting I may contract aids... Well, I guess thats beside the point.

3. NyMetsFan08 thread starter macrumors regular

Not sure it just seemed like one with the may???

4. FunkyMonkey macrumors 6502

Interesting. Do you have a link where I could chat. I can't find it.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it.

5. NyMetsFan08 thread starter macrumors regular

You will see a chat symbol on the top left where it says Apple Store and call 1-800-My-Apple.

6. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

I think I will stick with believing the Apple order processing system. I preordered it from the online store about an hour after the announcement and my order now says it will be shipped Feb. 2.

7. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

You know, the reps just know as much as a store employee would.

8. NyMetsFan08 thread starter macrumors regular

You are right but you never know I hope it is released next week.

9. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

I would hate to tell you this but even if it were released next week it will be a good while before you see it "Pre-Installed" on the machine. You have thousands - tens of thousands of CPUs already in warehouses that will get the iLife 09 disk put into the box (not installed) and resealed with Apple Seals. This is what will be flowing through the stores and resellers and online sales for a few weeks. This has been the case with all past releases of new software. Just buy your CPU and fill out the form to get the free copy of iLife shipped to you.

Kevin

10. messedkid macrumors 6502

messedkid

I was under the impression that if you buy a new mac now, you do not get a copy of iLife for free, but rather have to fill out the form to get a discount on iLife. ($9.95)

PS.

Just a heads up Kev,

CPU stands for Central Processing Unit, the core of your computer. You know when people talk about Core 2 Duo, AMD, XEON..blah blah blah, that's the CPU they're talking about. CPU does not "officially" stand for Computer.

It's a pretty simple mistake to make, I know because I used to too ;).

11. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

I know you do pay for the shipping and tax but the copy is free. Not a bad price if you get to have the computer now.

I do know exactly what CPU is. I work in this industry. It would all depend on where you are from as to how a crtain product is refferred to. I have worked in several different places for them. The areas I have usually been in CPU has been used to refer to as a PC.

Just like out here in NJ/PA we refer to it as Soda and to them as Sneakers. When I went to Ohio it was Pop and Tennis Shoes. No wrongs or rights ....

Thanks for the heads up but I am pretty well versed on what it stands for. Call it what you wish ... PC, CPU, Tower, Laptop, Notebook, Mac, ...hell I get a lot of clients who refer to the towers as HardDrives ... the whole tower.

:)

Kevin

12. iWoz macrumors 6502a

iWoz

Doesnt sound like a hint to me, However my estimated shipping date for the upgrade is 2nd Feb

13. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

what's the point of this thread?

we know it's being shipped "late january" which is only 2 weeks away anyway.. so whether it gets released next week or not doesn't really matter does it?

lmao :D

14. NyMetsFan08 thread starter macrumors regular

You are right! that's true but hey I hope it ships out with the Nvidia iMacs that would be sweet.

15. blacksun macrumors newbie

I pre-ordered ilife 09 in Japan yesterday, shipping date is January 30, next Friday :apple: