Apple store already has my ME email? lol..cool

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by cenetti, Aug 21, 2008.

1. cenetti macrumors 6502

Interesting stuff.
    I went to apple store today, to get a 3g dock. Anyway, I gave my credit card, she swapped it to that handheld unit, and then asked me if I wanted the receipt to be mailed. I said yes and walked out of the store. Second later, I got a mail on my phone, it's the receipt .... Sent to my me.com address. The mail they had in their system was my gmail address. I signed up for mobile me 3 days ago. I think their system automatically made my mobile me address the primary mail.

Anyway, I thought it was cool. Wanted to share... :D

2. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

That seems rather odd.

How could they tell it was you?

Surely they wouldn't go by the credit card?

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Probably becasue you listed your gmail account as an alternate email address in MM.

4. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Did you not FORWARD your GMAIL email to your ME.COM Account so it could be pushed to your iPhone?

5. cenetti thread starter macrumors 6502

They did go by the card. She didn't ask any questions. I gave my card and after she swapped the card, and my info showed up. It's been that way every time I bought something from that store. But as I said, I had "gmail"
    listed in their system, not "me.com"...

Possible. Yes I listed "gmail" as alternate mail when I signed up for mobile me.

No, I didn't forward gmail to me.com. Not yet.. And I looked at the headers, it's clearly sent to xxxx@me.com

6. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

So, probably when you signed up for MobileMe trial you used the same credit card. That then set your new default email address.

7. Freis968 macrumors 6502a

Freis968

Every single time I buy something at the Apple store they always ask me for my email address and I use my Visa CheckCard to buy everything. I have bought an AppleTV, MacPro, iPhone, iPod, Logic Studio Pro, Aperture, Mac OSX, etc, etc, etc so they should have had my email address in the system by now without having to ask me every single time what my email address is...:eek:

8. cenetti thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope. I used a different card. I use a different card for my "online" transactions.

9. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

ok then it was magic

10. nc7r macrumors member

nc7r

Some credit or debit cards allow the details to be kept and some don't. It depends on the card provider / bank plus the type of card.