Apple Store and availability

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gabo864, Sep 21, 2014.

1. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

Hey guys

So I did in-store pick up at the apple store and got an iPhone 6 16gb on friday, but I changed my mind and I want to get the 64Gb. How accurate do you think the apple store app is when it comes to availability? I like 2 hours away from the closest apple store and I wanted to stop by and do the exchange, but I would hate to get there and then find out they don't have any left. I already called and they said they can't hold one for me or give me info on how many they have in stock. I'm planning to go early in the morning before they open because I work later in the afternoon. Do you think there will be long lines? Thanks.

2. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

I think if your getting the 6 and not the 6 Plus than you have a good chance.

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

can you buy one online for in store pickup? if so, i'd do that, and do a return on the one you've got.

4. gabo864 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gabo864

How could I do this though? I just opened an account with Verizon.

5. AppleRobert macrumors 603

My store had zero 6 and zero Pluses. I would not make a long drive without having an order for in store pickup.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Based on what the rep I talked to last night said, they are accurate representations of what stock the store has at that given moment in time. Keep in mind the phones continue to be on sale both online (for pickup) and in store.

If checking for 64GB throughout the day has netted you an "available for store pickup" each time, you are probably safe. If, however, you have seen it change to "unavailable", you may be out of luck.

Tough to say exactly, but I wouldn't just "live with" a phone I wasn;t happy with, especially after just two days...

7. eekcat macrumors 6502a

I checked two apple stores in my area (southern california), and both had 6, but not 6+, and apparently weren't expecting any more today because it's Sunday.

8. gabo864 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gabo864

Thanks for your reply. I know the apple store opens at 10 am tomorrow so I guess I'll check before I leave and see if there are any more in stock and Hopefully when I get there they will still have them. i wish I could just order one, but I don't know how I could other than paying full retail price, which I don't wanna do, but yes I do want the 64gb, I feel dumb for ordering the 16gb when it is just $100 difference!

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I wasn't aware that there was even an option to pay full retail (online). If you are able to do that and have the cash/credit, I would just go that route. That would allow you to reserve the phone. You can just return (both) on the spot and rebuy the phone you want.

10. gabo864 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gabo864

Oh I just checked and the only one they allow to purchase at retail price is the T-mobile iPhone 6 :/

I guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope they have enough for tomorrow! Do you think there will still be lines for ppl to buy iPhones? I went to an apple store Saturday and it was awful busy! and I heard it was the same today! I hope everyone is working tomorrow so I don't have to stay in line lol

11. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

At the stores I have been to, yes. It's kind of strange though, since they are't particulary low in stock of the 6. Whenever they announce the plus is sold out I seem to be the only one of the dozens to hundreds there that leaves lol.

12. gabo864 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gabo864

So I went to the store this morning and it was the worst experience ever!

I got there around 9:30 am (mall opens at 10 am) and I kept checking the Apple store app for availability, When I went in I saw a pretty long line, but not as bad as n launch day, I'd say about 30 people maybe, maybe less. I thought it was gonna be quick, but OHH I was wrong, turns out since the weekend was over and things go back to "normal" they only have a few people activating phone, I was in line from 9:30 am until 2:45 pm!!! IT WAS insane!!!!! but the most aggravating thing was a group of people that was in front of us! I don't know what exactly were doing but each of them would go inside and get 2 phones and then when they walked out of the store they would give them to this guy who was standing outside, and then the guy would pay them money, they tried to cut in line many times, but we told the security guy and they finally asked them to leave!

the only good thing about today is that I got my 64gb iPhone 6! :cool: ! YES it was a big mistake ordering a 16gb but I totally paid for that today! No more standing in line for a phone!

13. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

14. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

MV Store?

15. bugelrex macrumors regular

In a "certain" country, line cutting is consider "smart"... with the attitude of "screw you suckers, I'm smarter than you because I cut you in line"

..sad but true..

16. 2IS macrumors 68030

I was just at one of my local Apple Stores to get a case for my 6 Plus and asked one of the employees about availability. She said they're sold out of the Plus and have not received anymore shipments since they ran out of their initial one, and that they have never been sold out of the 6. You'd have to wait in a line, but they're readily available.