Apple Store and FAN Numbers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gryfon19, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Gryfon19 macrumors regular

Has the Apple Store figured out how to work with an account (upgrade) with a FAN number or is that something that will remain limited to only AT&T stores? Thanks.

2. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Just got mine today and they didnt know how to do it. Had to take it off. Did before I got in line though. Person was coming around prequalifying people and one thing was about the business discount. He said just take it off, then add it later.

I took it off and got the phone 3 hours later, so it wasn't a big deal at all.

Kind of annoying, but if thats what it takes to get an iphone....

3. paulinhadrp macrumors member

After impatiently waiting for AT&T Stores to finally get more inventory in, which they didn't, I decided to cancel my FAN discount the day before venturing into the Apple Store. I then bought the phone, and on the next day, went into an AT&T Store and added the FAN discount again (it is a university discount). No hassles, and now I finally have my white iPhone!

4. paulinhadrp macrumors member

WOW! It is kind of amazing (not in a good way) that today, more than 2 weeks after launch day, you had to wait for 3 hours in line... Really, what happened to the millions of iPhones Apple had ordered, like more than a month before launch? It just goes on top of the pile of evidence that shows that this whole launch/activation process was clearly a failure. I hope Apple and AT&T learn something from this once and for all.