Apple Store App Pre-Oder disaster

iPhone82

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
Well, like most of you I relied on the Apple Store app to do my preorder, at 12:01 i tried to log in. Nothing. 10 MIN LATER! STILL NOTHING! When it finally worked it didn't let me buy ATT phone outright unless my account was eligible (I'm on pre paid) I was about to give up when i decided to choose T-Mobile, by now it was already 12:20, I figured i wouldn't make it, but I was able to grab a silver 256 model. Won't be getting till Nov 17-24! This sucked to say the least. I wish i could of been able to grab a Nov 3 release. Oh well.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

DJosche

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2017
Got in at 3:02 with Safari because I already ditched the store app, still got a Nov 17 delivery day. I'm saltier than a box of crackers at the moment.

Reactions: iPhone82

iPhone82

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
Got in at 3:02 with Safari because I already ditched the store app, still got a Nov 17 delivery day. I'm saltier than a box of crackers at the moment.
Tell me about it, never again will i trust the stupid apple store app! I'm livid to say the least

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla
Did you guys check the options for in store pickup when you checked out?

When the store loaded for me, it showed 11/3 for a T-Mobile X. By the time I checked out, it already slipped to Nov 11. I cancelled that order and ordered another for in-store pickup on 11/3.

DJosche

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2017

When the store loaded for me, it showed 11/3 for a T-Mobile X. By the time I checked out, it already slipped to Nov 11. I cancelled that order and ordered another for in-store pickup on 11/3.
I saw the same thing but wasn't quick enough to cancel before it was already later than the 17th.

iPhone82

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015

I don't recall seeing the option, oh well 2 weeks more won't kill me, I just ordered the case and screen protector so it will just sit there for a while

myscrnnm

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA

In-store pickup wasn't even an option anymore by 12:05 for me, and that was my original preference.

LMMAACC

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2010
St Louis
I used the apple store app and finally got in at 2:06 CST and two clicks I was done. I had it already to go a few days earlier with my apple upgrade program. I got delivery of 11/3 and it just went to preparing to ship,

kallyq

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2010
I couldn't get in until around 2:15 AM :( I refreshed the whole time, then tried on my computer and it directed me to use the app. Still had to refresh a few times until finally around 2:15 got in. Weird. Mine will come in 2-3 weeks.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Never did get in with the Apple Store app. Now, I'm glad I had the iMac fired up and ready for duty. Got in with that (Safari on iMac) around 3:04 am EST with an 11/3 delivery date. Funny though, I've never used the app for release orders before. Many, here on the forum, touted (okay I exaggerated here) the app for pre ordering so I gave it a try. It failed miserably.