Carrier Apple Store App Preorder Tip (Just Discovered)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gigapocket1, Sep 13, 2018.

1. gigapocket1 macrumors 65816

Like maybe most of you, I will be pre-ordering tonight (Xs Max Gold). And its not a secret, with the exception of last year, the Apple Store app is generally the fastest way to preorder. I've personally already been approved for the upgrade thru the iUp program. But their is still another setting that can help you checkout even faster. We all know every click/every second matters.
    I haven't seen anyone recommend this, so this will definitely help most of you out.

If you go to the apple store app, click on the profile picture at the top right. Scroll down to the bottom. Hit settings, and turn on remember me. If you turn that on, the apple store app will remember your carrier verification settings. (Phone Number, billing zip code, account passcode, etc). so that tonight when its time to preorder, you won't have to enter the information. Saving you a few seconds in the preorder process. :)

2. jtrue28 macrumors 6502a

jtrue28

I entered all that information during the pre-approval process. Not sure we have to enter it again. But thanks!

3. 3rdiguy macrumors 65816

3rdiguy

I see this option is available on iPhone but not iPad. I was planning on having both open to increase my chances of finalizing my order in time. Looks like I should just stick to using iPhone and getting it done as fast as possible.

4. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the tip just saved my credentials!

Now to just hope the store comes up on time this year unlike last! o_O

5. gigapocket1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Same, but definitely better safe than sorry

6. shaunp0327 macrumors member

I normally do the Apple iPhone payment plan so I can’t get pre approved. But quick question what is the items asked that you have to fill out? I’m only asking because I was wondering if I need to put in any of my att account info like passcode or social ? The att account is under my brothers name

7. ctbaz macrumors regular

Odd because I don't remember it asking for my Tmobile stuff going through the pre-approval steps.

8. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

you can also select your configurations for the iPhone you want and put it in your favorites. I did this last year with the X and was able to check out a lot quicker.

9. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

I always found the Verizon app faster than the Apple store app. Last year, my order was completed on the Verizon app before the Apple store even went live. Just my input on the subject.

10. iphone1027 macrumors 6502

Did the same thing.

11. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

I don’t believe I had to enter that info last year when I completed my X preorder. Pretty sure a clicked on top and 20 seconds later I was done.

12. tommyboy9996 macrumors member

tommyboy9996

Thanks, thats some good info. Do you think it would be quicker or a better shot of release day order if you ordered from verizon or apple upgrade program? I've always done verizon but curious on apple's program.

13. Madmischief macrumors member

Madmischief

14. dazlicous macrumors 6502a

dazlicous

I can’t find remember me on my iPhone
    Only options I see

Attached Files:

15. ray737 macrumors 6502

From what I read all your information is saved for 5 days anyway. It says it at the bottom of the pre order screen.

16. highertechnology macrumors 6502a

Quite possibly a US thing??

17. GizmoDVD macrumors 68000

18. Pipper99 macrumors 68020

Pipper99

Odd, when I tap "iPhone Upgrade Program" my preapproved upgrade doesn't show up on the iPad, but it does on the iPhone.

19. jtrue28 macrumors 6502a

jtrue28

Why is that weird? You’re upgrading the phone. That’s completely what I would expect the app to do.

20. Pipper99 macrumors 68020

Pipper99

21. Dmal99 macrumors 6502

You dont have to re enter this stuff. I’ve done it for two years now. Its literally click to get into the order then hit submit. Two clicks. IF your carrier doesnt respond its not gonna have anything to do with the remeber me setting.

22. Pipper99 macrumors 68020

Pipper99

Because you can buy phones on the Apple Store app on an iPad. You can save Phones as favorites, and the favorites show up on the iPad. You can choose "iPhone Upgrade Program" and select a phone to upgrade for preporder through the IUP on an iPad. Everything else that I've done on an iPhone for an iPhone through the Apple Store app shows up on the iPad. I would therefore expect for my preapproved upgrade to show up in the same place in the Apple Store whether it's my iPhone or iPad.